Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I Beat an IM Today!

Originally posted by Mike O'Connor View Post
    This is nonsensical. Do you have to be so insulting? This site should not be used for this kind of thing, ever. If you don't agree with what someone says on Chesstalk, simply respond constructively. Jordan was just calling it as it is...
    Yes! Normally I would agree with you Mike. But..... It's Jordan so there. If he didn't have to disagree with people and generally put them down and try and sound smart etc, I would definitely not get involved but its all relative. Understand? I generally dont post, but feel that when Jordan chime's in and try's to make a post, I feel obligated to bring him down a few notches because I feel that he doesn't hear it enough. It's all relative. It's Jordan. Wether or not it was a 30 move game or 6 move or the IM is 2900 on ICC or 1900 why try and make the guy who won the game feel stupid in front of everyone? I generally feel Jordan has a low self esteem so in turn has to lash out at people on message boards. Im very selective on people who I hate on. I namely have 1 person in particular who I dislike online. I dont go hunting for anyone who I dont agree with and start arguments. Thats Jordan not me. please refer to his past post's on this board for more history and proof on this. Thank you for your concern but it's all relative.

Regards

Sheldon

Comment

Very nice win !

Comment

I've edited your remark Sheldon. Try to express yourself without the insults. Thanks and have a great day.
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Congratulations Alex, anyway.
          :)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike O'Connor View Post
            This is nonsensical. Do you have to be so insulting? This site should not be used for this kind of thing, ever. If you don't agree with what someone says on Chesstalk, simply respond constructively. Jordan was just calling it as it is...
            Mike,

No worries, I give everything Sheldon says as much attention as it deserves: zero. He can't string a proper argument or rebuttal together without hurling childish insults, so there's really no point in responding. Constructive is not in his vocabulary...

After Toolsie posted his message about how sharing accounts is against ICC rules, I went and chatted with him on ICC, only to find out that he's sharing his account! That's why I called him a joke. ICC has since warned him about account sharing, and about using multiple accounts - something he also slipped up on by publishing two account names on his OzChess web page.

Take care, J

PS In case anyone is asking, the Canadian Open/Closed I am preparing for St. John's was never for 2010... it was originally 2011, however after discussions with corporate contacts, we're looking at 2013 to have enough time to raise the necessary funds. It will more likely be a Closed than an Open, however we are still weighing options of holding both simultaneously. If anyone has a spare $50,000, please send it my way :)
            No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

----------------------
              OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News
              http://www.ozchess.com

Comment

Thanks Everyone!

Originally posted by Jordan S. Berson View Post
                It's also against ICC rules to have two accounts, yours being Just2Good and Advantage.
                Just2Good expired. A new account called Advantage was then created and paid for. There is no ICC rule that says you must keep using the same account forever.

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                Nice going. Keep up the good play!
                Thank you.

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                Congratulations, Alex!! Enjoy your wins.
                Thank you.

Originally posted by Sheldon Pimentel View Post
                Whether or not it was a 30 move game or 6 move or the IM is 2900 on ICC or 1900 why try and make the guy who won the game feel stupid in front of everyone?
                Perhaps because he is jealous? I don't know why he has a beef with me (or even if he does).
                Originally posted by Benoit St-Pierre View Post
                Very nice win !
                Thank you.

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
                Congratulations Alex, anyway.:)
                Thank you.
                After Toolsie posted his message about how sharing accounts is against ICC rules, I went and chatted with him on ICC, only to find out that he's sharing his account!
                I have addressed this above. Just2Good expired, Advantage was then paid for and is my present ICC account. And I do not recall having discussed anything with you on ICC.
                Last edited by Alex Toolsie; Sunday, 22nd November, 2009, 09:51 AM.
                OzChess - Australia's Chess Forum - Upcoming Chess Tournaments, Game Analysis, Chess Politics, & Australian Chess News

Comment

Re: Thanks Everyone!

Originally posted by Alex Toolsie View Post
                  I have addressed this above. Just2Good expired, Advantage was then paid for and is my present ICC account. And I do not recall having discussed anything with you on ICC.
                  Alex,

The reason you do not recall having discussed anything with me on ICC is because the person who is sharing your account with you is the one who responded. ICC has the entire transcript of that conversation recorded through your very own account, so please don't try to deny that you share your account.

Here is one of the lines from that conversation for you to read again: Advantage tells you: l'am different person . lam not that same person ...lam sharing his account You might want to have a little conversation with your buddy about keeping unlawful activity on the hush hush ;)

I don't have a beef with you, I just think your original post is really silly. It's totally obvious you beat some kid in 6 moves who was using his father's account who is an IM. If beating some kid in six moves makes you proud, then all the power to you. Seeing how you're a 2100 player, I would not have thought that beating a kid in six moves would be a matter you would care to publish.

And no, I'm not jealous. I have beaten several IM's and GM's on ICC and on the former WCN site, as well as in blitz games over the board, so beating some IM's kid in a 3/0 game is really not something I would be jealous of.
                  No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it.

Comment

Mike,

No worries, I give everything Sheldon says as much attention as it deserves: zero. He can't string a proper argument or rebuttal together without hurling childish insults, so there's really no point in responding. Constructive is not in his vocabulary...

After Toolsie posted his message about how sharing accounts is against ICC rules, I went and chatted with him on ICC, only to find out that he's sharing his account! That's why I called him a joke. ICC has since warned him about account sharing, and about using multiple accounts - something he also slipped up on by publishing two account names on his OzChess web page.

Take care, J

PS In case anyone is asking, the Canadian Open/Closed I am preparing for St. John's was never for 2010... it was originally 2011, however after discussions with corporate contacts, we're looking at 2013 to have enough time to raise the necessary funds. It will more likely be a Closed than an Open, however we are still weighing options of holding both simultaneously. If anyone has a spare $50,000, please send it my way :)
                    Wow! You lied in the above post, you obviously do pay attention because youve mentioned me in your post. Also im laying 2:1 to anybody in the chess community that you dont get this project of the ground by the deadline. It will not come to fruition, and the joke is you know this from all the other failed projects in your life. Thats a couple years. Have a nice day. And I love how your tone changes from the first message to this one. No one in there right mind will ever give you $50,000 your too unstable. Nope no sponsor mark my words. I said it first. But the idea will eventually die like most other brainfarts and goals in your life. 2:1 we can find an escrow to hold the money for both of us. Every dollar you bet Jordan I will put down two dollars and we will give it to someone we both trust, and you will lose. Because you are a loser.

Regards

Sheldon
                    Last edited by Sheldon Ab; Monday, 23rd November, 2009, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Wow! You lied in the above post, you obviously do pay attention because youve mentioned me in your post. Also im laying 2:1 to anybody in the chess community that you dont get this project of the ground by the deadline. It will not come to fruition, and the joke is you know this from all the other failed projects in your life. Thats a couple years. Have a nice day. And I love how your tone changes from the first message to this one. No one in there right mind will ever give you $50,000 your too unstable. Nope no sponsor mark my words. I said it first. But the idea will eventually die like most other brainfarts and goals in your life. 2:1 we can find an escrow to hold the money for both of us. Every dollar you bet Jordan I will put down two dollars and we will give it to someone we both trust, and you will lose. Because you are a loser.

Regards

Sheldon
                      Oh my goodness Sheldon, do you really think that you can outsmart me with that??? It took me less than a minute while scooping my cats' litter box to figure out how to defeat you and turn a profit!!!

Now you get to see just why it is that I call you unintelligent. To show you how unintelligent you really are, I will take you up on your offer and bet $40,000 that I can find the funds needed to host the Canadian Closed & Open. As stated, you will find the escrow, and I will put up $40,000 cash, and you will put up $80,000 cash. Sorry Sheldon, a cheque will stale-date after six months, so you'll need to come up with the cash.

Then, I will guarantee all investors in writing that they will get an immediate 20% ROI, which will allow me to hold the Canadian Closed & Open in St. John's in 2013. When it's all said and done, I'll be laughing all the way to the bank with your $80,000, $60,000 for the investors, and $20,000 for me... plus my original $40,000 wager is returned to me.

So thanks to you, I win four ways:

1) I get to host the Canadian Open & Closed in 2013.

2) I help investors turn an instant 20% ROI which will then guarantee me future benefits, like maybe the 2014 Open & Closed.

3) I get a tidy $20,000 profit (I could go for more, but I don't want to be too greedy).

4) Your lack of intelligence gets to be the very factor that caused you to lose your own stupid bet, and there was zero risk to me!

It just so happens that I have the available $40,000 to back up my end, Sheldon. Do you have $80,000 to cover my bet? I hope so, because I'm really eager to get this bet going! But don't tempt me to make that withdrawal Sheldon; Since I'm at zero risk of losing the bet, I could make it $50,000 if you're not careful ;)

So it's time to put up or shut up, Sheldon. I'm tired of your posts being filled with baseless insults and nothing intelligent. If you want to berate me because I'm overweight, then go ahead... it seems all you can find to insult me on is my weight, my change of religion, etc. Anyway, I make fun of myself all the time, so anything you have to say is no insult to me, especially considering you're a complete nobody in my life...

However, you still have not shown one shred of evidence that you have ever had anything intelligent to say on any topic at any time. Now is your chance... but it's going to cost you $80,000 ;)
                      Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Monday, 23rd November, 2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

My username and password are saved on Blitzin, so it is perhaps possible that some friends came over and logged in using Advantage's account while I was absent. That doesn't mean I encouraged it (if it happened).

Comment

Oh my goodness Sheldon, do you really think that you can outsmart me with that??? It took me less than a minute while scooping my cats' litter box to figure out how to defeat you and turn a profit!!!

Now you get to see just why it is that I call you unintelligent. To show you how unintelligent you really are, I will take you up on your offer and bet $40,000 that I can find the funds needed to host the Canadian Closed & Open. As stated, you will find the escrow, and I will put up $40,000 cash, and you will put up $80,000 cash. Sorry Sheldon, a cheque will stale-date after six months, so you'll need to come up with the cash.

Then, I will guarantee all investors in writing that they will get an immediate 20% ROI, which will allow me to hold the Canadian Closed & Open in St. John's in 2013. When it's all said and done, I'll be laughing all the way to the bank with your $80,000, $60,000 for the investors, and $20,000 for me... plus my original $40,000 wager is returned to me.

So thanks to you, I win four ways:

1) I get to host the Canadian Open & Closed in 2013.

2) I help investors turn an instant 20% ROI which will then guarantee me future benefits, like maybe the 2014 Open & Closed.

3) I get a tidy $20,000 profit (I could go for more, but I don't want to be too greedy).

4) Your lack of intelligence gets to be the very factor that caused you to lose your own stupid bet, and there was zero risk to me!

It just so happens that I have the available $40,000 to back up my end, Sheldon. Do you have $80,000 to cover my bet? I hope so, because I'm really eager to get this bet going! But don't tempt me to make that withdrawal Sheldon; Since I'm at zero risk of losing the bet, I could make it $50,000 if you're not careful ;)

So it's time to put up or shut up, Sheldon. I'm tired of your posts being filled with baseless insults and nothing intelligent. If you want to berate me because I'm overweight, then go ahead... it seems all you can find to insult me on is my weight, my change of religion, etc. Anyway, I make fun of myself all the time, so anything you have to say is no insult to me, especially considering you're a complete nobody in my life...

However, you still have not shown one shred of evidence that you have ever had anything intelligent to say on any topic at any time. Now is your chance... but it's going to cost you $80,000 ;)
                          Hi jordan,

1) Your Still a nasty Little Troll.

2) If you could guarantee anything you wouldn't need a sponsor you could take on the risk yourself. You are a loan-sharks dream, making promises that you cant keep and then losing your shirt.

3) For the record I didn't know you where overweight. Thanks for telling me this?! I dont have anything against people who are. I just dont like you.....

4) End Thread

Comment

Hi jordan,

1) Your Still a nasty Little Troll.
                            LOL! Way to re-enter the conversation with an insult and nothing intelligent to say... just like I said, that's all you're good for (note that it's spelled "you're", not "your").

I can just imagine you stomping your feet like a four-year-old having a temper tantrum after reading my post... partly because you're too stupid to understand all of it, partly because you realize that you screwed yourself big time.

2) If you could guarantee anything you wouldn't need a sponsor you could take on the risk yourself. You are a loan-sharks dream, making promises that you cant keep and then losing your shirt.
                            I have the available funds, that doesn't mean I am able to just spend it on a chess tournament. I have to use it for my retirement, however since there's zero chance I will lose it based on your brainless scheme, I have no problem with laying it out for a few years. The reason I would still use a sponsor is because that was the condition of your wager, or have you already forgotten?

By the way, had we gone along with your offer for 2:1 bet odds, then I could guarantee the sponsors a 20% ROI once you produce the cash, however once again, you're too stupid to understand the flaws in your own thinking.

3) For the record I didn't know you where overweight. Thanks for telling me this?! I dont have anything against people who are. I just dont like you.....
                            Oh, so you blindly called me fat not knowing what my weight is... and then you want people to think there's a shred of intelligence in that empty bulb on your shoulders you call a head.

4) End Thread
                            Finally Sheldon, you said something mildly intelligent!! Good riddance!
                            Last edited by Jordan S. Berson; Tuesday, 24th November, 2009, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Now, children - please play together nicely, or I'll have to take away your crayons.

Comment

Working...
                              X