NAYCC: title question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC: title question

In the G18, WFM Jackie Peng unfortunately had to leave the event after a few rounds, before the halfway point, due to illness. The section was a ten-player round robin. WFM Megan Lee and WCM Alexandra Botez tied for first place, with Botez having played Peng (a draw), while Lee did not play Peng. Lee had slightly better tiebreaks and was placed first, while Botez was second. Given that normally nine rounds would have to be played for a norm / title to be awarded, and only eight were played in this section, is there a title awarded!? And given that the two leaders tied, and that Lee already has the WFM, would it not make good sense to award Botez a WFM from her excellent performance!? :)

Re: NAYCC: title question

Hi Frank, after Jackie withdrew, we received special consideration from FIDE to continue with only 9 players. Then, per the FIDE handbook, since Jackie had played less than 50% of her games, they would not be included in the standings. That is why you prolly can only find 9-player standings for that section (ALL games would be rated).

As for the direct titles, it just goes by position, and whether someone already has a title or not doesn't matter.

Hope this answers your questions, best regards.

Comment

Hi Aris,

Do you have the answers for this question? (Who won the titles?)

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...ps-FIDE-Titles

Corinna

Comment

Hello Aris: Thanks very much for your reply. I knew that the Peng games would not count for norms or tournament standings. Great that FIDE gave permission for the special situation, so hopefully WFM Lee and WCM Botez will be recognized for their excellent performances. Congratulations to you and the organizing team for putting together such an amazing event!! Hope to see you soon. Cheers, Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Corinna Wan View Post
          Hi Aris,

Do you have the answers for this question? (Who won the titles?)

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...ps-FIDE-Titles

Corinna
          Hi Corinna, I have compiled the list (so have the Organizers) for my arbiter's report to FIDE. I would rather wait for their (FIDE's) acknowledgement before I post (until then, standings at NAYCC website are quite well done).

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
            Hello Aris: Thanks very much for your reply. I knew that the Peng games would not count for norms or tournament standings. Great that FIDE gave permission for the special situation, so hopefully WFM Lee and WCM Botez will be recognized for their excellent performances. Congratulations to you and the organizing team for putting together such an amazing event!! Hope to see you soon. Cheers, Frank
            Hi Frank, thank you for the kind words, much appreciated. I feel it was a ground-breaking event for Canada! :)

Comment

Working...
            X