X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC Qualifier = Sat Nov 30 2013

We are running a qualifying tournament for the
    CANADIAN YOUTH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP on Sat Nov 30, 2013
    at Woburn C.I., 2222 Ellesmere Rd, just east of Markham Rd.

The attached* file (2 pages) has all the details. To enter by email, you do not need to complete the form - just type your info in your email.
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/imag...xclamation.png

* if the attachment is not available, please email chris.field@bell.net and I shall send it to you.

This tournament is open to all students who will be under 18 years old on Jan 1, 2014. There are separate sections * for those Under 8, Under 10, Under 12, Under 14, Under 16, and Under 18.

* NEW THIS YEAR: We have reduced the tournament to 5 rounds. As long as we can get at least 12 players in each age group, we'll run 6 separate tournaments.
    Entries will be posted by Nov 17 on the OHSCC Website: www.ohscc.on.ca
    We'll update by Nov 24, showing the final set-up.

Parents and teachers are welcome, but it’s also ok for students to attend on their own, with their parents’ permission.

We will have several adults and a lot of senior students supervising the event.

Students need to bring a packed lunch. We’ll also have pizza and juice / water on sale ($5 for 2 slices &1 drink; $3 single slice & 1 drink). All chess equipment (sets, boards, and clocks) will be provided by the Ontario Chess Association.
    Scoresheets and pencils for recording moves will also be provided.

From this event, one in every 6 students will qualify to attend the
    Ontario Youth Chess Championship. We will pay the entry fee for the winner of each section (approximately $75).
    For all age groups with at least 4 girls, we shall ensure that the top girl qualifies.

Chris Field.
    chris.field@bell.net

Re: CYCC Qualifier = Sat Nov 30 2013

Christopher wrote:

Woburn C.I., 2222 Ellesmere Rd, just east of Markham Rd.
    For those numerous readers not familiar with the Centre of the Universe, this location is in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
    X