Our mayor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our mayor

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any worse for Toronto's appalling excuse for a mayor, a new video surfaces that ... well, speaks for itself. Definitely not chess related but maybe Toronto should consider a chess playing mayor the next election (that can't come soon enough).

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/11...sure-hes-dead/
    Last edited by Jack Maguire; Thursday, 7th November, 2013, 06:26 PM.

Re: Our mayor

Should it not be headed: "Our "centre-of-the-universe" Mayor?

People should know from the heading, which mayor of which city you are going to discuss.

Well, I do know there is no other mayor currently being discussed ad nauseam as much as ours.

Bob A

Comment

Well if you lived in Windsor there have been quite a few stories recently about the Detroit mayor race and the legacy of Kilpatrick currently serving a very long prison term. Mayors tend to be naughty especially south of the border or north if you live in Windsor.

Comment

Wow! That video would make Kevin Spraggett blush!

Comment

Jon Stewart has a couple great segments on Ford. I'd love to see him get re-elected just for the absurdity of having a hard-drug user conservative mayor. I don't even think it is that shocking, I wonder the actual percent of politicians who have tried illegal drugs? It's very likely that it is not close to 0%. Ford is just the one that got caught.
          University and Chess, a difficult mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            Should it not be headed: "Our "centre-of-the-universe" Mayor?

People should know from the heading, which mayor of which city you are going to discuss.

Well, I do know there is no other mayor currently being discussed ad nauseam as much as ours.

Bob A
            I'll go with 'obtuse', Bob. And if you've seen the great 1994 flick, 'The Shawshank Redemption', the word might take on added meaning (:

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Cormier View Post
              Jon Stewart has a couple great segments on Ford. I'd love to see him get re-elected just for the absurdity of having a hard-drug user conservative mayor. I don't even think it is that shocking, I wonder the actual percent of politicians who have tried illegal drugs? It's very likely that it is not close to 0%. Ford is just the one that got caught.
              And caught.....and caught.......and caught......

Harper should appoint that buffoon to the Senate.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Rob Ford skewered like a shish kebab ...

Rob Ford skewered like a shish kebab ...

by Stephen Colbert

by Jon Stewart

by Craig Ferguson

by Howard Stern

by Arsenio Hall

by Rachel Maddow

Nothing, however, about Ford's rather cruel austerity policies. But then, there is a sizable minority that agrees with those policies and may just forgive Ford for virtually anything ...
                Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Thursday, 7th November, 2013, 06:40 PM. Reason: add Colbert
                Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                  And caught.....and caught.......and caught......

Harper should appoint that buffoon to the Senate.
                  I saw Flaherty on TV today. He could hardly talk about it as his voice was cracking. Sad situation.

Do you remember Mayor Mel and the pot of boiling water comment?
                  Gary Ruben
                  CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Rob Ford skewered like a shish kebab ...

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                    Nothing, however, about Ford's rather cruel austerity policies. But then, there is a sizable minority that agrees with those policies and may just forgive Ford for virtually anything ...
                    This makes your opposition sound ideological. It's nice you gave us a list of critics who you assume wouldn't know how to roll a joint.
                    Gary Ruben
                    CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I would still vote for Rob Ford if I lived in Toronto simply out of spite of all the complaining "do gooders". Austerity? Yes Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                        This makes your opposition sound ideological. It's nice you gave us a list of critics who you assume wouldn't know how to roll a joint.
                        Okay, I'll bite. What's Ford's ideology when he's in one of his drunken stupors? Or doesn't it matter ... as long as he's leaving the crack pipe in his basement?

Supplemental: We just got another video. Apparently, Rob Ford likes to threaten to kill people when he's hammered. Good to know. Maybe pass on the Rob Ford piss-ups, huh?

Gawd. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
                        Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Friday, 8th November, 2013, 12:43 AM. Reason: supplemental death threats
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Our obtuse mayor

Just to be clear, this bum is not my mayor!

Comment

Originally posted by David Gordon View Post
                            I would still vote for Rob Ford if I lived in Toronto simply out of spite of all the complaining "do gooders". Austerity? Yes Please!
                            I don't live in Toronto. Probably a lot of the critics on council won't run for mayor. Not with losing putting them on the sidelines for 4 years.

I'd like to see the rules changed so the term for that level of government to be a maximum of 3 years.

I think the situation in Quebec is worse than that in Toronto. That proposed charter is, at the least, oppressive. I wonder why Mulcair isn't front and centre opposing that instead of worrying about the Toronto Mayor. Maybe the votes for him are in supporting that legislation.
                            Gary Ruben
                            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

You're the one who brought up the ideology. I can only wonder if your view would be different if he were a lefty.

For a number of years one of my work calls was Rochdale College. Maybe I don't shock as easily as you do.

The government made the term 4 years. He has one year to go. I know the talk is about what amounts to a coup by those who covet the mayors chair and we'll see what happens. Likely there will be more chapters to come.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                              X