Is there anyone processing membership payments at CFC ofice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone processing membership payments at CFC ofice?

I sent in two renewals and 1 new membership and the CFC has still has not cashed my cheque.
    When do they expect someone back in the office?
    Last edited by John Brown; Wednesday, 20th November, 2013, 08:00 AM. Reason: typo

Re: Is there anyone processing membership payments at CFC ofice?

I sent Michael an email asking about his return. If I don't hear from him then I will take another look through my emails. I recall that he said that he would be gone for two weeks. He is able to perform most of his functions from India as most of the work of the CFC office is done on a laptop computer which he has with him. I believe that Hal Bond is checking mail but bank deposits may be awaiting Michael's return.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      I sent Michael an email asking about his return. If I don't hear from him then I will take another look through my emails. I recall that he said that he would be gone for two weeks. He is able to perform most of his functions from India as most of the work of the CFC office is done on a laptop computer which he has with him. I believe that Hal Bond is checking mail but bank deposits may be awaiting Michael's return.
      I certainly hope THE laptop is properly and often backed up (offsite backup, full image of the disk drive etc etc)
      and let's hope some over eager Customs official in random country X doesn't confiscate it as MvK transits through their space...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        I certainly hope THE laptop is properly and often backed up (offsite backup, full image of the disk drive etc etc)
        and let's hope some over eager Customs official in random country X doesn't confiscate it as MvK transits through their space...
        I have discussed with Michael von Keitz the need for timely and regular backups to an external drive with regular rotation of media to an external location. I just bought another external drive for my own use at Costco for $100 for a 2 Terabyte portable drive. I believe that all of our important data is fully backed up and even if the computer were to disappear we could be back online in a few hours after the purchase of another laptop and required software since most of what we do also resides on the website or in email exchanges which would not be affected by the disappearance of the laptop.

Comment

Michael is back in Guelph the evening of November 28th, but messages are being received while he's away.

Comment

Working...
          X