Inkpad Rubber Stamps Chess Pieces set for recording positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkpad Rubber Stamps Chess Pieces set for recording positions

Hi I'm an older guy who has recently taken up chess and joined the Annex Chess Club in Toronto. I want to make flashcards to drill positions, and for personal reasons i don't want to use a computer for this. I have recently learned that until the late nineties one could buy rubber stamps that came in a set with with a rubber stamp for a board, which correspondence chess people used to send positions to each other,, or for some other purpose. To record positions.
    USCF, I'm told, used to sell these, but they don't have them anymore. Also, none of the big chess retailers in Germany or Holland have them. ebay doens't have them, and there is no record of anyone on ebay ever selling such a set.

I'm hoping someone has an old set they don't want anymore, or knows of someone who has an old set they don't want anymore; it would be a real help to me.
    The sets were thirteen rubber stamps. 6 for White And Black so that you'd have a dedicated set for red ink and black ink to prevent ink bleed through, and a 13th stamp for the board.
    i've posted on chess.com, and everybody on there who knows what I'm talking about and ever had a set has long ago thrown them out.
    Please contact arnolowi@yahoo.com. I'm in Toronto. Thanks.
    Last edited by Arno Lowi; Monday, 25th November, 2013, 01:55 AM.

Re: Inkpad Rubber Stamps Chess Pieces set for recording positions

Stampfrancisco.com has two different versions for sale
    Last edited by Miroslav Stefanovic; Monday, 25th November, 2013, 02:56 AM. Reason: Tupo

Comment

We had some of these...let me see if I can find them. Call our Toronto shop (Strategy Games 416-486-3395) on Tuesday and speak to Francis Rodrigues.

Larry

Comment

I have been to the stampfrancisco site several times, and don't see the set. They do have one rubber stamp that is just a picture of a still life with chess pieces, not individual stamps of the pieces, and they have another stamp that has an assortment of game images on it including a few ornamental chess pieces. Neither of them will work for recording positions. If you can find a set like the one I"m talking about on stamfrancisco please include the link. Thanks.

Comment

Larry! I know strategy games well! I've shopped there quite a bit. If you guys can find a set like that it would be sooo awesome.Sometimes your staff find things in the basement, or the stockroom, on miscellaneous shelves... I hope Francis can help me. I'll call tomorrow. Thanks!! p.s. chess nMath online store does NOT list them. Arno

Comment

Working...
          X