Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : Olympic Update: Committee Selections, Captains

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
    We have invited Aman Hambleton (pending), along with Kovalyov (confirmed!!) Sambuev (confirmed!!) and Hansen (pending), and now Gerzhoy (pending).
    For the Women we have invited Yuanling Yuan (pending), Natalia Khoudgarian (confirmed!!) Nava Starr (confirmed!!) and Alexandra Botez (pending) and now Qiyu Zhou (pending).

Barring a wave of declinations these will be our 2 strongest teams ever. I am thrilled by this prospect!
    Alexandra is confirmed now.

Comment

Re: Re : Olympic Update: Committee Selections, Captains

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      By my interpretation the second replacement procedure in section 911 does not kick in until all members of the Olympiad team have been determined.

Actually I guess I should say that the second replacement procedure does not kick in until all members of the Canadian delegation have been determined. As has been the case in all my dealings with the arcana of the handbook this could use some tightening up of the language used.
      I don't get what is the first replacement procedure.

Rules do not consider that players might decline participation in advance then the invitations are sent. I discussed long time ago with I.B. about a possibility to get confirmations from top players in advance about their willingness to play. We decided it is too cumbersome.

Comment

Working...
      X