looking for club near Etobicoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for club near Etobicoke

Hi Toronto chess people, a friend of a friend is looking for a chess club to join. Which would be the most convenient near Etobicoke? He is middle-aged, serious about chess, but has never played competitively.

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Re: looking for club near Etobicoke

It's a long time since I lived there but there used to be a small Etobicoke Chess Club. I have no idea if it still exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Hi Toronto chess people, a friend of a friend is looking for a chess club to join. Which would be the most convenient near Etobicoke? He is middle-aged, serious about chess, but has never played competitively.
      If he is serious he should try Annex CC. It is on Bloor subway line. Bloor/Bathurst. Meeting day Mondays.
      Another chess club is in the High Park near Bloor. High Park Chess House, 1879 Bloor. Don't have other details now.
      Willowdale (Tuesdays) - Sheppard/Bathurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        If he is serious he should try Annex CC. It is on Bloor subway line. Bloor/Bathurst. Meeting day Mondays.
        Another chess club is in the High Park near Bloor. High Park Chess House, 1879 Bloor. Don't have other details now.
        Willowdale (Tuesdays) - Sheppard/Bathurst.
        I don't know him directly, but I get the feeling that to start, the geographically closest at-least-semi-serious club would do. So which one would that be? And if there's a website or email I could send to him, that would be great!

Thanks again, and best regards, Aris.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
          I don't know him directly, but I get the feeling that to start, the geographically closest at-least-semi-serious club would do. So which one would that be? And if there's a website or email I could send to him, that would be great!
          At High Park. Maybe somebody will give more details about it.

Comment

Etobicoke is rather large - depending on where he is and whether or not he has a car, I would not hesitate to recommend the Mississauga CC.
            It is in Mississauga, but not far from the 'border' of Etobicoke (south).

see: www.mississaugachessclub.ca/index.html (Thursday nights)
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
              At High Park. Maybe somebody will give more details about it.
              The High Park CC website is down. It is a small group of mostly seniors who play casual chess every day in a washroom building close to Bloor. Lots of sets that I think used to belong to the Toronto CC.

This club has been listed for awhile, but I've never been to it:
              Kingsview Chess Club
              432 Horner Ave (Etobicoke)
              Wednesday night, 7:45 – 10:45 pm
              independently-rated tournaments

The Misssissauga CC is too far by transit. The Annex is easy to get to by subway.

The Weston CC used to be one of the biggest but is no more.

Comment

Thanks everyone !!

Comment

Working...
                X