Paul Morphy Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Morphy Pictures

We visited New Orleans today. Attached is a picture of Paul Morphy’s home which is undergoing renovation “because it has been sold.”

Also attached is a montage of pictures showing the Morphy mausoleum and the list of those contained within. Note the last entry for a death in 2013. It is there, but a little difficult to read through the shadow.

Another montage shows a message left there weighted down by stones and the name of the cemetery where the mausoleum is located.

Also, refer to http://www.brennansneworleans.com/royalstreet.html for more information. No doubt, you can find lots more stuff on the NET.
    Attached Files

Re: Paul Morphy Pictures

Ken, I hope you got a chance to dine at some of those great restaurants in the French Quarter.

I’d like to try the creole cuisine if I ever get down there.

Comment

Nice pictures. Thanks Ken. Have you seen the Man with the Red Beret (Jude Acers)? He's a modern New Orleans chess legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
        Nice pictures. Thanks Ken. Have you seen the Man with the Red Beret (Jude Acers)? He's a modern New Orleans chess legend.
        Damn! Never even thought about him, although I was only there a day. Where would he play? I was staying on the edge of the French Quarter.

Comment

I believe he plays in the French Quarter. Google him for details.

Comment

Working...
          X