McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Tentative pairings are available on Chess-Results. I must insist on the fact that these are only tentative pairings, as we already have a few withdrawals or zero point bye requests... Our arbiter (Bernard Ouimet) is working on making new pairings.

We will try to post some pictures during the weekend. The first day was somewhat chaotic because of a broken printer, but everything should get better. Free chocolates and coffee seem to have been quite popular :) Coffee will only arrive at noon today and tomorrow though.

Re : McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Raven Sturt (from McGill) defeated GM Sambuev in round 4... only to lose to Nikita Kraiouchkine in round 5! Nikita is now the McGill Open champion with a great score of 5/5. Probably his best result since League of Legends was launched :D
    GM Sambuev and Raven Sturt share 2nd place with 4/5. 5 people obtained 3.5/5, including Qiyu Zhou from Ottawa with a great performance of 2251!

Oscar Sprumont won section B with an impressive score of 5/5, while Marc-André Joanis and Shawn Rodrigue-Lemieux shared the second place with 4/5.
    The young Wenxuan Zhong (Quebec Champion) won section C, ahead of another promising young player : Svitlana Demchenko.

We should be able to post a full report, with prizes and pictures, very soon.

Comment

Re: Re : McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Does Nikita play League of Legends? My nephew recently started playing the game... I haven't seen him much since.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
        Does Nikita play League of Legends? My nephew recently started playing the game... I haven't seen him much since.
        Yes. It seems to be a trend among many young people (and chess players do not make exception).

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : McGill Open : Results and Pairings

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
          Yes. It seems to be a trend among many young people (and chess players do not make exception).
          Do you play Felix?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : McGill Open : Results and Pairings

I don't.

A full report of the tournament is available on the CFC Newsfeed.

We should have articles for CCN and Echec .

Comment

Working...
            X