Missing Posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Posts?

I see no posts after March 5 until today's 2009 PwC Open and the 2009 BC Open. Has something gone awry? I was looking to see if the $20,000 was really $20,000 a year for 20 years or a misprint and really $1,000 for 20 years for a total of $20,000.

Re: Missing Posts?

We're not sure what happened but it seems all changes to the site including user registrations for three or four days are gone. So maybe something happened to the server and they loaded a backup. That's just a guess though I've heard nothing from the host yet...
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

In the disappeared $20.000.000 thread, I almost got to say that I agree with the comments by Vlad Dobrich (spend the money in Canada), but not so much with the ones by ... well they're disappeared too.

Comment

I'm also disappointed not to be able to see that $20,000 donation thread to the chess community, its distribution and general discussions. Lets hope to see that back.
        :(

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
          I see no posts after March 5 until today's 2009 PwC Open and the 2009 BC Open. Has something gone awry? I was looking to see if the $20,000 was really $20,000 a year for 20 years or a misprint and really $1,000 for 20 years for a total of $20,000.
          Probably what happened is Larry clicked on a web advert that promised $20,000 a year for 20 years donated to your favorite charity (which for Larry would be Chess N Math) and it downloaded something to the Chesstalk server that made it seem legit while it was loading and running a disk-erasing virus.
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan Berry View Post
            In the disappeared $20.000.000 thread, I almost got to say that I agree with the comments by Vlad Dobrich (spend the money in Canada), but not so much with the ones by ... well they're disappeared too.
            Larry said in the French ChessTalk that he was on a vacation trip this week. So he will probably recreate the 20000$ thread next week.

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              Probably what happened is Larry clicked on a web advert that promised $20,000 a year for 20 years donated to your favorite charity (which for Larry would be Chess N Math) and it downloaded something to the Chesstalk server that made it seem legit while it was loading and running a disk-erasing virus.
              ahhh....top notch deductive reasoning Paul, or should I say Sherlock Holmes.

Comment

Lets not speculate about the reasons for erasing that valuable message for chess community. Larry is supposed to clear that up when he is back.

Regards,

Caesar

Comment

Working...
                X