Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

Until there is a change in the guard at the CFC office, is someone taking care of things like sending out Swiss Sys licenses to organizers? I sent a request a couple of days ago (late Wednesday night) and haven't heard anything back.

Re : Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

I sent an email on April 24 and still haven't received an answer... So I'd be surprised if you got it back before the end of the month (although it sometimes helps to go on Chesstalk :) )

Comment

Re: Re : Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
      I sent an email on April 24 and still haven't received an answer... So I'd be surprised if you got it back before the end of the month (although it sometimes helps to go on Chesstalk :) )
      Alternatively you can cc: me on your second request. I will ask Michael about these emails. If a request includes an action item for the office I would hope that it would be dealt with promptly. Wednesdays are usually a busy time with rating updates. If you are running SwissSys for a weekly tournament you can run the software without a key for the first two rounds. If a situation is urgent like you have to pair round three tonight, make sure you let Michael or Bob (in about three weeks) know this.

Comment

Michael has sent the renewal licence to Steve.
        Maybe the mailer server was slow. Steve should check his inbox again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Michael has sent the renewal licence to Steve.
          Maybe the mailer server was slow. Steve should check his inbox again.
          Let's hope that "the mail server" is improving after June 1st

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

I just received a detailled answer from Michael.
            I would like to point out, as I did multiple times before, that I don't think Michael (or Gerry before) did a bad job. But it does seem like there's probably way too much work for one person. Perhaps there would be a way to modernize the way we rate tournaments to save the ED some time, but that's another topic...

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              But it does seem like there's probably way too much work for one person.
              That should be taken into consideration by the person putting in the bid to do the work.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Swiss Sys licenses from the CFC office

The second try worked like a charm. Thanks Michael and Bob G.

I have been having a lot of email problems lately and I've got several email accounts (Gmail, Sympatico, Microsoft, my company...). So I think there is a problem with mail delivery right now. Which makes doing business (sending out price quotes, etc.) a little bit unnerving. Guess I'd better be following up truly important emails with phone calls.

I am quite certain that my original problem with getting the Swiss Sys key was due to something completely out of the control of the CFC.

Comment

Working...
                X