• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 WYCC website is online

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
    The WYCC website is now online

http://www.2014wycc.co.za/2014wycc/Home.html
    Based on a quick examination of the following website and the national passports of players and relatives who were part of the 2013 WYCC Canadian team or delegation, individuals travelling under a Canadian, Indian or Israeli passport do not require visas to travel to South Africa though this could potentially change between now and the tournament. Chinese passport holders except those travelling on diplomatic passports will require visas.

http://www.home-affairs.gov.za/index...-from-sa-visas

Re: 2014 WYCC website is online

The deadline for the reservation and payment of accommodation is 17 July 2014. Any accommodation payment made after the deadline, will incur a surcharge of 10%.

CFC should contact the organizers now and ask for more time. CYCC will be held from July 15-18 2014

Comment

Re : Re: 2014 WYCC website is online

Thanks for the link. It really looks like an incredible destination. I love how they suggest the shark cage :)

Regarding the deadline, it would be good to write to them. I would not mind doing it, on the behalf of the organizing team, but perhaps it would be better if it came from the president of the CFC. In any case, Vlad, you have my email address if you need help on this.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: 2014 WYCC website is online

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
        Thanks for the link. It really looks like an incredible destination. I love how they suggest the shark cage :)

Regarding the deadline, it would be good to write to them. I would not mind doing it, on the behalf of the organizing team, but perhaps it would be better if it came from the president of the CFC. In any case, Vlad, you have my email address if you need help on this.
        There is a pdf brochure that was mailed to me today from the organizers which is very interesting as well. I am putting together the NFP continuation application which I hope to complete by tomorrow so it can go in the mail or possibly be submitted online. After I complete this I will confer with the executive on our approach to the 2014 WYCC in South Africa. Complicating our situation is the fact that we will have a CFC election before the deadline for submitting official players.

I will certainly be contacting you soon on these and other matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          There is a pdf brochure that was mailed to me today from the organizers which is very interesting as well..
          This one?
          http://www.fide.com/images/stories/N...Invitation.pdf

Comment

Has there been any progress on extending the deadline for entering without late penalty?

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
              Has there been any progress on extending the deadline for entering without late penalty?
              I have not heard anything yet. Things could be interesting. The original organizer was the head of the South African chess organization. She was removed by Kasparov loyalists. This offended the sponsor for WYCC who pulled out taking his money with him which apparently was in the neighborhood of $1 million. There should be an announcement in the next few days calling for those Canadians interested in going to WYCC to let us know. As usual getting a response from organizers of FIDE events outside the U.S. and Canada is often problematic.

Comment

Working...
              X