Annual Ontario - Quebec Chess Team Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual Ontario - Quebec Chess Team Championship

Every year the Chess'n Math Association (CMA) rents a bus from Toronto and a 2nd bus from Montreal to take their best teams to Queen's University in Kingston for a match. The event was held yesterday. In the K-3 Division, Crestview School from Toronto took top honours followed by Fernand Séguin from Montreal and Seneca Hill (Toronto) came 3rd. In the K-6 Division, First place went to Seneca Hill. They won all 5 matches! Ecole Internationale came 2nd and College Charlemagne finished 3rd. The High School section was won by College Jean-de-Brébeuf, followed by UTS K-9. College Notre Dame came third.

A few years ago Corrina Wan suggested that we add a girls section to the event. This was warmly received by all. This year, Ontario won that competition by the score of 21 - 9! The grade winners were:

Grade 1 - Angela Lin (ON)
    Grade 2 - Rada Atanasova (ON)
    Grade 3 - Joey Qiao (ON)
    Grade 4 - Kylie Tan (ON)
    Grade 5 - Cindy Qiao (ON)
    Grade 6 - Daisy Lu (QC)

A big thank you to Queen's University Chess Club for hosting the event!

Re: Annual Ontario - Quebec Chess Team Championship

Hi Larry,

Although I was not able to go to Kingston yesterday, I felt like I was there.
    I went to Strategy Games to send off the players in the morning. Live results and photos were emailed and texted to me by the parents and players! I posted them all on FB right away!

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/senecahillchess (Now I have the collection of Seneca Hill, Crestview, UTS, Ontario girls and crosstables.)

Many parents even sent me messages when they arrived home around 9:45 to 10:00! :)

"Ontario - Quebec" is definitely an excellent event! It brought us a lot of fond memories and extraordinary experiences since year 2001!

Corinna

Comment

Re: Annual Ontario - Quebec Chess Team Championship

Originally posted by Corinna Wan View Post
      Hi Larry,

Although I was not able to go to Kingston yesterday, I felt like I was there.
      I went to Strategy Games to send off the players in the morning. Live results and photos were emailed and texted to me by the parents and players! I posted them all on FB right away!

Here is the link https://www.facebook.com/senecahillchess (Now I have the collection of Seneca Hill, Crestview, UTS, Ontario girls and crosstables.)

Many parents even sent me messages when they arrived home around 9:45 to 10:00! :)

"Ontario - Quebec" is definitely an excellent event! It brought us a lot of fond memories and extraordinary experiences since year 2001!

Corinna
      Candid camera photos are great. But does anyone have pictures at the board or in a posed team photo, etc.?
      Marcus Wilker
      Annex Chess Club
      Toronto, Ontario

Comment

Working...
      X