Chess Talk (Canada) vs Space Chess (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs Space Chess (Germany) - Needs a Sticky

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Just jumping this thread up to the top so it can be made into a sticky like the other international team games.

Bob
    Hi Larry:

Seems you missed this post earlier. Can this be made into a sticky like the other 2 team games you did it for? Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs Space Chess (Germany) - Needs a Sticky

On June 14, I voted for 5.Nc3 ( standard move ).

Is anyone else from our team going to vote on the fifth move? If not, can our moderator ( not sure if Caesar is it ) tell the move to Germany ?

Also, if anone is in touch with Larry, can they ask him to make this game a " sticky " like he did the ones with UK and Australia?

Thanks.

Bob
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Tuesday, 21st July, 2009, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs Space Chess (Germany)

I notice there are several game threads going on. If they are all sticky, certain small-screened individuals will have trouble. Instead, the moderator should make a subforum and MOVE these threads to there. This can be done directly, without making new threads.

Comment

Has this game been cancelled due to lack of interest?

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex:

The problem I believe is that we could not get a Canadian to volunteer as moderator to post our move on the German website, and then to monitor its board and bring back their move and post it here. Too bad - the game was developing into a Sicilian Dragon, with us as White.

Alex Toolsie started out doing this, but I think he then wanted someone else to take it over, and no one did.

Bob

P.S. There was a game also against Bahrain, but it never really got many moves made, before I think the same problem happened.
            Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 4th September, 2009, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Thx Bob

That means the only remaining game is the one against Australia

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandru Florea View Post
                Thx Bob

That means the only remaining game is the one against Australia

Alex
                And the UK.
                Brick walls hurt, but are effective for banging against repeatedly. For future reference, cardboard walls are fun too :)

Comment

I found out that a German Admin. from Space Chess was checking our forum and used the votes we had to make the moves on the Space Chess forum. Maybe he forgot to check the ChessTalk forum.

Comment

Hi Alex:

I don't think the German admin. person ever actually posted here. I think Alex Toolsie originally somehow got the moves from the German team, and he posted them here. but I think he has quit as our moderator. And no one else has come forward.

But you seem right that the German admin. person seems to have dropped the ball. We, as White, had voted our 5th move, 5.Nc3 ( me and Caesar ). But it seems it maybe never got posted on their forum.

However, we don't really know that , because maybe it did, and they moved, and then Alex never brought their 5th move back to us, 'cause he had quit.

So two problems - we don't know the German admin person who was doing the posting at their end, to see whether he also quit on their side; and we don't have our own moderator now anyway.

Bob
                    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 4th September, 2009, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Bob,

I checked their site. They don't even have our 4th move posted. They wrote, "If your move is 4.Nxd4, then ours is 4...Nf6" Because we had no moderator, they never got our move.

Alex

P.S. Good luck at the tournament tomorrow

Comment

Their Moderator didn't quit. When they got no response from us, their entire forum dropped the game. Just like us.

Alex

Comment

Perhaps there is a chance to resume that game if we have a moderator? Any candidates for that function in our match ... ?
                          :)

Comment

I'll do it. (if it's not too late)

Alex

Comment

Re: Chess Talk (Canada) vs Space Chess (Germany) - CT 4th Move - Never Transmitted

Hi Alex:

I was wrong - I checked the thread and the German admin did on one occasion deliver the German move to us:

April 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
                              Jens Hirneise

SpaceChess moves 3...cxd4
                              1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cxd4

Please check our website as well... otherwise we will need much more time!

http://www.spacechess.de/showthread.php?t=2035

After this there was our voting and the majority voted for 4.Nxd4. But on May 9, Caesar checked their website, and found that our fourth move had never been transmitted to them by either Jens nor Alex Toolsie. I then asked if a moderator would transmit our move to them.

On June 11, Caesar said that Alex had previously posted as follows: " I only handle the games involving OzChess. However, on SpaceChess my username is Arrogant-One and password is 96015661. Feel free to use that account. "

Then there was nothing after that.

Bob
                              Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Friday, 4th September, 2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

I'll do it tomorrow.

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X