Globe and Mail article on FIDE election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another fluff piece full of sound and fury signifying ...

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    Tell enough outrageous lies and some people will be stupid enough to believe them. This business about recognizing the Crimea as Russian, can someone point me to an unbiased source that supports this?
    It's moot in any case. Crimeans have decided their future. The vote was 96%. If anyone thinks they will change their minds after all the horrific crimes by the Ukrainian regime (in Odessa, in the eastern part of the country, in cutting off the water supply to Crimea out of spite and destroying this year's crops, etc., etc. ) then they are living in dreamland.
    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Globe and Mail article

I fully agree that this is Theatre of the Absurd.

Steve

Comment

Re: Globe and Mail article

I sought clarification from Rick Roth Director of Communications for the Office of the Hon. John Baird, P.C., M.P. on his statements as revealed on vice.com with regard to the CFC FIDE election decision. He sent back a very friendly response which clearly is at odds with the impression the article sought to convey that the government is somehow displeased with the CFC. His response has convinced me that there is no need to make a larger issue of this. He invited me to call him if I had any further concerns.

Meanwhile in the background the Kasparov people are digging and doing a full court press on the members of the executive in an effort to influence them to change their decision. Claims that FIDE supports the actions of the Russian annexation of Crimea are fiction. We have clear denials of this Kasparov claim by several highly placed FIDE officials both in email and on twitter.

Comment

Working...
        X