Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Presidential Endorsements By CFC Non-Voting Members

Posted today on the CFC Members' Chess Chat Forum:

We have two declared candidates so far for CFC President for the upcoming election next week: the incumbent, Vlad Drkulec; the incoming voting member, Sasha Starr.

Both have now presented platforms to the incoming voting members, and the non-voting members, and the public.

In campaigning, it is valuable to be able to publish valuable "endorsements" from known persons. I think it is valuable to both Vlad and Sasha in this situation.

The incoming voting members are the key to the Presidential election result. They have the vote. Now they can remain publicly non-committal, and privately vote in the election, and no one will know which candidate they voted for. Nothing wrong with this.

But if an incoming voting member already knows for whom s/he is going to vote, then why not help get their candidate elected? A public endorsement prior to the vote is a significant contribution to the Candidate's campaigning, and could swing more votes his way, because of your endorsement publicly.

So incoming voting members, it is your choice.

I am asking that incoming voting members help their Candidate's campaign, and post publicly in this thread, their endorsement!

Bob A (not an incoming voting member)

It was suggested that I transform my original post into a poll format, which I have now done. That CFC Voting Member poll will only run to the start of the CFC Voting Members' AGM's. It is a public poll, where all results can be seen by anyone, in line with the whole intent of this post to have public endorsements made.

But that poll is only for incoming CFC voting members. It was suggested that many others who are not CFC Voting members might also like to express their endorsement (a public help, even if they do not have an elective vote). So this poll is limited to: CFC Non-Voting Members (formerly referred to as non-governor CFC members). So you must be a current and valid CFC member to vote in this poll, and not a CFC Incoming Voting Member. It will have the same conditions as the other polls. So it is public...your support will be seen by all.

If you are an expired member, or have never been a member, I am starting another poll for you all.

Bob A
    Endorse Sasha Starr
    25.00%
    Endorse Vlad Drkulec
    66.67%
    Endorse Neither
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Thursday, 3rd July, 2014, 01:05 AM.

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements By CFC Non-Voting Members

In this poll, will the voters' names be hidden or shown to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
      In this poll, will the voters' names be hidden or shown to the public?
      Hi Ken:

They will be shown to the public. This is consistent with the whole concept of these three posts, that public endorsements are valuable to the Candidates, and helpful to others in deciding their vote. So it is the person voting in the poll who is lending their own credibility to their Candidate.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Ken:

They will be shown to the public. This is consistent with the whole concept of these three posts, that public endorsements are valuable to the Candidates, and helpful to others in deciding their vote. So it is the person voting in the poll who is lending their own credibility to their Candidate.

Bob A
        When I vote in elections, I am assured of privacy. I suggest you will get less votes than if you ran a private poll.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
          When I vote in elections, I am assured of privacy. I suggest you will get less votes than if you ran a private poll.
          Hi Ken:

Doubtless true.

But my purpose is not to see who might secretly vote for which Candidate.

My purpose is to draw out "endorsements", which by their very nature have to be public, and before the election, to be effective, to help their Candidate's campaign.

Bob a

Comment

Re-posted from the other endorsement thread]

I support Vlad!

I would prefer to have a do-er who gets his hands dirty.

Michael Yip

Comment

Halldor

Hi Halldor:

Not sure which order you voted in, since you have now voted in two polls (not possible according to law:D ).

This is the Non-Voting Member poll. But you, as a life governor, are a CFC Voting Member. So should not have voted here.

You may have realized that, since you have now voted as well in the correct poll.

I am not sure how a voter asks to retract his vote on CT, so I can't help you with a correction.

Bob A

Comment

After 15 hours of the poll being open, 7 legal votes of CFC Non-voting members?

Do you think the Chesstalk CFC'ers care about the CFC Presidential election?

If not, why not?

Bob A

Comment

Illegal Votes in this Poll

This poll is for "CFC Non-Voting Members" (formerly called non-governor CFC Members). You must be a current CFC member to vote in this poll.

Some people, in a bit of confusion it appears, have voted here illegally. Larry has advised there is no way for an Administrator to withdraw an illegal voter from the voter pool.

So when you review the results of voting here, please make the following adjustments for votes that should not be counted:

1. Vlad Dobrich - membership expired 2008-11-01. So he is not a CFC Non-voting Member. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.
                  2. Michael Yip - membership expired 2006 -05-01. So he is not a CFC Non-voting Member. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.
                  3. Halldor Palsson - Halldor is a CFC member, but is also a Life Governor. Thus he should vote in the poll for CFC Incoming Voting Members. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Further Illegal Votes in this Poll

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                    This poll is for "CFC Non-Voting Members" (formerly called non-governor CFC Members). You must be a current CFC member to vote in this poll.

Some people, in a bit of confusion it appears, have voted here illegally. Larry has advised there is no way for an Administrator to withdraw an illegal voter from the voter pool.

So when you review the results of voting here, please make the following adjustments for votes that should not be counted:

1. Vlad Dobrich - membership expired 2008-11-01. So he is not a CFC Non-voting Member. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.
                    2. Michael Yip - membership expired 2006 -05-01. So he is not a CFC Non-voting Member. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.
                    3. Halldor Palsson - Halldor is a CFC member, but is also a Life Governor. Thus he should vote in the poll for CFC Incoming Voting Members. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.

Thanks.

Bob A
                    There has now been a further illegal vote in this poll.

1. Eddie Urquhart - Eddie is an expired CFC Member (2014-01-01). So he should not be voting in this CFC Non-Voting Member Poll. Please disregard his vote when you are considering voting totals. He did vote correctly, initially, in the Public poll, where expired members vote.

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Though this poll is open to July 6, start of the CFC Voting Members' AGM's, voting has now trailed off.

Thanks to all who voted (though some a bit confusedly). You have helped your Candidate's Presidential campaign, by publicly lending your name to their worthiness to be CFC President.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                      X