CFC Presidential Endorsements By the Public (Non Members - Expired Members)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Presidential Endorsements By the Public (Non Members - Expired Members)

Posted today on the CFC Members' Chess Chat Forum:

We have two declared candidates so far for CFC President for the upcoming election next week: the incumbent, Vlad Drkulec; the incoming voting member, Sasha Starr.

Both have now presented platforms to the incoming voting members, and the non-voting members, and the public.

In campaigning, it is valuable to be able to publish valuable "endorsements" from known persons. I think it is valuable to both Vlad and Sasha in this situation.

The incoming voting members are the key to the Presidential election result. They have the vote. Now they can remain publicly non-committal, and privately vote in the election, and no one will know which candidate they voted for. Nothing wrong with this.

But if an incoming voting member already knows for whom s/he is going to vote, then why not help get their candidate elected? A public endorsement prior to the vote is a significant contribution to the Candidate's campaigning, and could swing more votes his way, because of your endorsement publicly.

So incoming voting members, it is your choice.

I am asking that incoming voting members help their Candidate's campaign, and post publicly in this thread, their endorsement!

Bob A (not an incoming voting member)

It was suggested that I transform my original post into a poll format, which I have now done. That CFC Voting Member poll will only run to the start of the CFC Voting Members' AGM's. It is a public poll, where all results can be seen by anyone, in line with the whole intent of this post to have public endorsements made.

But that poll is only for incoming CFC voting members. It was suggested that may others who are not CFC Voting members might also like to express their endorsement (a public help, even if they do not have an elective vote). So this poll is limited to: Non-CFC member Public (which includes expired CFC members) It will have the same conditions as the other polls. So it is public...your support will be seen by all.

So there are now three polls, one for each constituency in a sense: CFC Voting Member Poll; CFC Non-Voting Member Poll; Public Poll (for those not current CFC Members, including expired members).

Bob A
    Endorse Sasha Starr
    60.00%
    Endorse Vlad Drkulec
    40.00%
    Endorse Neither
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 2nd July, 2014, 11:08 PM.

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements By CFC the Public (Non Members Expired Members

Two polls?

Comment

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements By the Public (Non-CFC Members Expired Members

To Nigel, Moderator:

I made a typo in the Thread Title, and I have no authority to correct it. Would you please correct the thread heading by removing the second "CFC". It is inconsistent with the poll being a public poll of non-CFC members.

Thanks.

Bob

Comment

Bindi

Hi Bindi:

I see you voted in this poll. But I think you failed to see that there are three polls, one for each constituency in a sense: CFC Voting Members; CFC Non-Voting Members (non-governor CFC members); and the public.

You are a life CFC member. As I recollect, you are also a CFC Incoming Member for GTCL/Ont.

So you really should go make your endorsement in the CFC Incoming Voting Member Poll (it really doesn't matter much that you also voted here; I do not know how a voter retracts his vote on CT, if that is possible).

Thanks.

Bob (Polls Instigator)

Comment

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements By the Public (Non Members - Expired Members)

After 15 hours of the poll being open, 1 legal vote?

Do you think the Chesstalk Expired CFC Members, and the non member public, care about the CFC Presidential election?

If not, why not?

Bob A

Comment

Re: Right Poll?

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
            After 15 hours of the poll being open, 1 legal vote?

Do you think the Chesstalk Expired CFC Members, and the non-CFC member public, care about the CFC Presidential election?

If not, why not?

Bob A
            Am I at the right place? I think I am...but just in case I won't vote and just note that I'm endorsing Vlad. He seems to be doing lots and is a man of action. I don't know about the other candidate...there was big standard dreamlist but that's about it.

I have only a passing interest in the CFC. if I want to know what's happening I read Chesstalk(as much as I can stand). Then I'll look at TCN and the BCCF bulletin. That's all I really need. For Canadians playing internationally, I look at TWIC for Spraggett,Hansen, Hambleton etc. For Ashley Tapp I'll just ask her or check her FB.

The CFC's magazine seems pretty good but I'm not going to join for the mag.

I judge what's happening at the CFC by the website. All I see is a pretty site with not much content, and not much improvement since it was launched. Simple things are not getting done...News is buried instead of being on the front. Links not updated. etc

Canadian chess however seems like its booming. Wonderful things are happening in Alberta(Edmonton International etc). BC Jr chess keeps going. Bob Armstrong has a newsletter. Ashley Tapp moved to Budapest to train and play full-time; Hansen and Hambleton now based in Spain ....

and meanwhile at the CFC. Not really sure what's going on. (Sigh)

Sorry Bob when I mucked up the other poll. I thought it wasn't working correctly as when I checked the vote count, there was only one vote...mine. So I thought I it wasn't working.

Comment

Illegal Votes in this Poll

This poll is for the "Public" (expired CFC Members; those not CFC members). You must not be a current CFC member to vote in this poll.

Some people, in a bit of confusion it appears, have voted here illegally. Larry has advised there is no way for an Administrator to withdraw an illegal voter from the voter pool.

So when you review the results of voting here, please make the following adjustments for votes that should not be counted:

1. Bindi Cheng - he is a CFC Life Member. So he should not be voting here. He is also a CFC Incoming Voting Member for GTCL/Ont. So he should vote in the poll for "CFC Incoming Voting Members. Delete his vote in your adjustment of the vote totals.

Thanks.

Bob A

Comment

Re: CFC Presidential Endorsements By the Public (Non Members - Expired Members)

Though this poll is open to July 6, start of the CFC Voting Members' AGM's, voting has now trailed off.

Thanks to all who voted (though some a bit confusedly). You have helped your Candidate's Presidential campaign, by publicly lending your name to their worthiness to be CFC President.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                X