Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC youth coordinator

Dear CFC president, Governors/Voting Members, CFC members

There is lot information about CFC president election. I am curious if there is CFC youth coordinator and youth committee election at the same time.

- What are the responsibilities
    - Who are the candidates
    - Who else are interested in these roles

Would you please provide the parents and the youth players some insight?

Thank you.

Re: CFC youth coordinator

Originally posted by Connie zhou View Post
    Dear CFC president, Governors/Voting Members, CFC members

There is lot information about CFC president election. I am curious if there is CFC youth coordinator and youth committee election at the same time.
    So far there is no youth coordinator election as there is only one declared candidate and there is not a youth committee election. Those who sought one did not submit it in a timely basis to meet the statutory requirements mandated by Canadian law. Anyone who wants to get involved in youth and organization should send me and Frank Lee an email (probably after the AGM for a quick response). We do want your input and we try to consider the parents and young players in every decision that we make in the area of youth chess.

[QUOTE]
    - What are the responsibilities
    Coordinate with the CFC office, FIDE and the parents.

- Who are the candidates

Frank Lee

- Who else are interested in these roles

The executive and directors.

Would you please provide the parents and the youth players some insight?

I should be able to continue this discussion tonight. AGM starts today and I have duties there and in Windsor today.

Thank you.
    You are welcome. The parents should be involved directly with no middle men.

Comment

CFC youth coordinator letter regarding WYCC

Hi Registered CYCC players and their parents,
      I am sure that everyone is excited that CYCC will start soon. It sounds like the organisers have made a effort to make this year’s event a unique experience in the middle of festival season in Montreal.
      My name is Frank Lee and the CFC Youth Coordinator. I am writing to you concerning the situation where the registration deadline of 17 July for the WYCC is before the completion of the CYCC on 18 July. The CFC has asked WYCC organisers for extension and granted an extension to 19 July – the day after the CYCC.
      As you can see it will be very tight registering everyone on time. To avoid late registrations I am asking all players and parents who are interested in participating in this year’s WYCC to decide whether you will go to South Africa for the WYCC before the start of the CYCC.
      If you decide to go to the WYCC please forward the CFC office the approximate WYCC registration fees (players -$350 and accompanying adults - $150), photos, photocopy of passports, home address, home phone number and e-mail address by 15 July. The CFC office will register you for the WYCC.
      After the completion for the CYCC we can determine the Official players and additional qualified players. All appropriate funds will be returned to these players. Players who did not finish in the top three of your Section in the CYCC but has decided to register for the WYCC will be required to donate $150.
      I hope this solution to the registration issue is acceptable to all players. If you have any questions please contact me.

Regards,
      Frank Lee
      CFC Youth Coordinator
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Sunday, 6th July, 2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply, Vlad.
        You said 'The parents should be involved directly with no middle men.' I totally agree. We will continue to give our suggestion to CFC president, other CFC governors and active CFC voting members.
        It seems you speak for Youth coordinator some time, shall he send public posting independently? After all, he is Youth coordinator.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Connie zhou View Post
          Thank you for your quick reply, Vlad.
          You said 'The parents should be involved directly with no middle men.' I totally agree. We will continue to give our suggestion to CFC president, other CFC governors and active CFC voting members.
          It seems you speak for Youth coordinator some time, shall he send public posting independently? After all, he is Youth coordinator.

Thanks!
          You are welcome.

He is also very busy. He works full time. I met with him face to face last night. We have to get the WYCC organized and it would be nice to know how many will be going in order to determine how many coaches will be sent.

The actions of certain people with emotional problems makes posting on chesstalk an exercise for the thick skinned only. Not everyone can handle the venom.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 7th July, 2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

There are now two candidates: Frank Lee and Michael Barron.

Comment

Re: CFC youth coordinator letter regarding WYCC

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              Hi Registered CYCC players and their parents,
              I am sure that everyone is excited that CYCC will start soon. It sounds like the organisers have made a effort to make this year’s event a unique experience in the middle of festival season in Montreal.
              My name is Frank Lee and the CFC Youth Coordinator. I am writing to you concerning the situation where the registration deadline of 17 July for the WYCC is before the completion of the CYCC on 18 July. The CFC has asked WYCC organisers for extension and granted an extension to 19 July – the day after the CYCC.
              As you can see it will be very tight registering everyone on time. To avoid late registrations I am asking all players and parents who are interested in participating in this year’s WYCC to decide whether you will go to South Africa for the WYCC before the start of the CYCC.
              If you decide to go to the WYCC please forward the CFC office the approximate WYCC registration fees (players -$350 and accompanying adults - $150), photos, photocopy of passports, home address, home phone number and e-mail address by 15 July. The CFC office will register you for the WYCC.
              After the completion for the CYCC we can determine the Official players and additional qualified players. All appropriate funds will be returned to these players. Players who did not finish in the top three of your Section in the CYCC but has decided to register for the WYCC will be required to donate $150.
              I hope this solution to the registration issue is acceptable to all players. If you have any questions please contact me.

Regards,
              Frank Lee
              CFC Youth Coordinator
              Please explain whose letter is it? Frank Lee or Vlad Drkulec?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                Players who did not finish in the top three of your Section in the CYCC but has decided to register for the WYCC will be required to donate $150.
                Lets call things what they are. It is a fee (not a donation).

"All players whose applications are approved will be eligible to participate at WYCC using their own funds plus paying extra fee of $150 to CFC Youth Program fund."

Comment

It seems pretty clear that it is a letter from Frank Lee. Most likely Vlad D. posted it on his behalf.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

"All players whose applications are approved will be eligible to participate at WYCC using their own funds plus paying extra fee of $150 to CFC Youth Program fund."
                    Of course this is a fee! Reminds me when 12 Ladies were charged $150.00 entry fee for the Canadian Closed Ladies' Championship and my wife's first prize was $76.00! Another money grab! And one of the organizers is standing now for the re-election as an executive!
                    It is just another example of how present CFC's Executives promote children's chess!

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                      It seems pretty clear that it is a letter from Frank Lee. Most likely Vlad D. posted it on his behalf.
                      Please, give me a break! Why Frank could send the letter to Vlad but couldn't post it here?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

I suppose it is a fee which goes into the youth fund which is used for youth based initiatives like WYCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                          Kerry, you are correct. The letter came from Frank Lee. It was in an email attachment discussing the upcoming WYCC. Several executives and myself were copied.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                            Please, give me a break! Why Frank could send the letter to Vlad but couldn't post it here?
                            I have no idea; it does not matter. The letter is information - pure and simple.
                            Frank Lee IS the CFC Youth Coordinator (at this moment) and it is extremely likely that
                            anything he thinks, says and does will have a direct impact on perhaps dozens of kids and families
                            that are involved with CYCC and WYCC. The information is crucial and important and was posted.

I suggest you stop trying to analyze [for political gain] every word of every sentence that is posted.
                            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

semantics! :(
                              The "extra fees" are retained in the Youth Fund, so I would not be offended by calling it a "donation". :)

Comment

Working...
                              X