Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC youth coordinator letter regarding WYCC

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    "All players whose applications are approved will be eligible to participate at WYCC using their own funds plus paying extra fee of $150 to CFC Youth Program fund."
    Of course thivs is a fee! Reminds me when 12 Ladies were charged $150.00 entry fee for the Canadian Closed Ladies' Championship and my wife's first prize was $76.00! Another money grab! And one of the organizers is standing now for the re-election as an executive!
    It is just another example of how present CFC's Executives promote children's chess!
    These rules were put in place by the Governors not the Executive.

Comment

Re: CFC youth coordinator

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      You are welcome.

He is also very busy. He works full time. I met with him face to face last night. We have to get the WYCC organized and it would be nice to know how many will be going in order to determine how many coaches will be sent.

The actions of certain people with emotional problems makes posting on chesstalk an exercise for the thick skinned only. Not everyone can handle the venom.
      Hi, Vlad. I don't know what you last sentence meant. But if someone does not enjoy chess society and couldn't face different opinion. why bother to involve in first place? Besides, if he is too busy to post. Is it a good candidate for next term? I don't want to offend any one personally, but just want to freely express some thought.

We have another candidate now who is more dedicate and honest and has the capability to face pressure.

Comment

Re: CFC youth coordinator letter regarding WYCC

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        semantics! :(
        The "extra fees" are retained in the Youth Fund, so I would not be offended by calling it a "donation". :)
        Weird semantics. A donation does not go with "required" and a set amount.

Comment

Re: CFC youth coordinator

Originally posted by Connie zhou View Post
          Hi, Vlad. I don't know what you last sentence meant. But if someone does not enjoy chess society and couldn't face different opinion. why bother to involve in first place? Besides, if he is too busy to post. Is it a good candidate for next term? I don't want to offend any one personally, but just want to freely express some thought.

We have another candidate now who is more dedicate and honest and has the capability to face pressure.
          Exactly how is Michael Barron more dedicated and honest? How is Frank Lee neither of these things?

A lot of people don't post on ChessTalk because of the pointless flame wars that frequently erupt. There have also been a few notable instances of cyber-stalking. Choosing to not engage in the vituperative tripe that ChessTalk frequently is, does not mean that someone isn't listening to people, or not doing their job.

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X