Endorsement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsement

I'd like to take this opportunity to endorse Vlad Drkulec for the presidency of the CFC.

I've spent more than 20 years in chess administration for various chess organizations and clubs as well as being a past governor of the CFC many years ago.

Vlad has done a good job in his first term. The CFC needs some continuity in the position of president, in my view, and the CFC is fortunate to have a candidate with the skill set Vlad brings to the position.
    Gary Ruben
    CC - IA and SIM

Re: Endorsement

I agree completely.
    Just because some people don't like the way the Governors voted for FIDE president means nothing. In fact, he should be commended for a free vote and civil discourse among governors, which I doubt would have happened if those that want to replace him get elected.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
      I'd like to take this opportunity to endorse Vlad Drkulec for the presidency of the CFC.

I've spent more than 20 years in chess administration for various chess organizations and clubs as well as being a past governor of the CFC many years ago.

Vlad has done a good job in his first term. The CFC needs some continuity in the position of president, in my view, and the CFC is fortunate to have a candidate with the skill set Vlad brings to the position.
      I also agree! Personal attacks are not the way to go. What did these gentlemen promise Garry they could do/achieve to make them so pugnacious if they can't get their way?

Comment

Originally posted by J. Ken MacDonald View Post
        I also agree! Personal attacks are not the way to go. What did these gentlemen promise Garry they could do/achieve to make them so pugnacious if they can't get their way?
        Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
        I agree completely.
        Just because some people don't like the way the Governors voted for FIDE president means nothing. In fact, he should be commended for a free vote and civil discourse among governors, which I doubt would have happened if those that want to replace him get elected.
        Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post

Thank you Gary, Brian and Ken for your support and endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Profit View Post
          I agree completely.
          One SMALL correction: THERE WERE NO GOVERNORS' VOTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
            One SMALL correction: THERE WERE NO GOVERNORS' VOTE.
            There was a straw poll and an extended discussion to which the governors were invited by me twice via email.

Comment

Working...
            X