CYCC 2015 dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC 2015 dates

Which dates for 2015 CYCC would you prefer? Parents or players only please.

Thursday July 2nd - Sunday July 5th. Conflicts with World Open but falls on a weekend minimizing lost vacation days. Also there are festivals going on downtown so lots of side activities.
    Monday July 6th - Thursday July 9th Conflicts with Pan Am Youth Festival.
    Monday July 13th - Thursday July 16th Traditional Canadian Open territory
    Any of the above
    Thurs July 2nd - Sun July 5th
    36.36%
    Mon July 6th - Thurs July 9th
    18.18%
    Mon July 13th - Thurs July 16th
    36.36%
    Any of above
    0.00%
    None of above
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 9th July, 2014, 05:04 PM.

Re : CYCC 2015 dates

I thought the idea behind separating the CYCC and the CO was to organize the CYCC earlier in the year... It will be very hard to find an organizer for the CO in this situation...
    I believe the Quebec Open should be from July 19-26 (usually the third week of July).

Comment

Re: CYCC 2015 dates

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Which dates for 2015 CYCC would you prefer? Parents or players only please.

Thursday July 2nd - Sunday July 5th. Conflicts with World Open but falls on a weekend minimizing lost vacation days.
      You will have a conflict with the Aurora Summer Open too. We have not yet booked as we plan other 2 tournament (spring, fall) dates too.

Comment

A better subject is: Canadian Closed!?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          You will have a conflict with the Aurora Summer Open too. We have not yet booked as we plan other 2 tournament (spring, fall) dates too.
          The Aurora Summer Open will be July 3rd - July 5th?

Comment

The Aurora Summer Open will be July 3rd - July 5th?
            We hope to get the weekend. No stamina for a three days tournament yet. Let you know if we will get a place or new dates.

Comment

Re: Re : CYCC 2015 dates

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              I thought the idea behind separating the CYCC and the CO was to organize the CYCC earlier in the year... It will be very hard to find an organizer for the CO in this situation...
              I believe the Quebec Open should be from July 19-26 (usually the third week of July).
              We are constrained by the end of school and exams for high schools at one side and all these tournaments (World Open, Aurora, Pan Am, Quebec Open) on the other. Moving it to Easter does not seem a good option based on feedback from parents and the experience of OYCC this year. Spring Break is different everywhere across Canada so that leaves the option of leaving it where it traditionally is.

Comment

Thursday July 2nd - Sunday July 5th. Conflicts with World Open but falls on a weekend minimizing lost vacation days. Also there are festivals going on downtown so lots of side activities.
                Hi Vlad, which downtown are you referring to? I haven't seen an announcement about the host city. My family has been hoping that the 2015 CYCC will be held well outside Toronto and that it'll be held sometime during the 2015 Pan Am Games (July 10 to 26) so we can use the event as a refuge from the noise and chaos.

Okay, there's lots of noise and chaos at the CYCC, too, but in a good way. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Derek England View Post
                  Hi Vlad, which downtown are you referring to? I haven't seen an announcement about the host city. My family has been hoping that the 2015 CYCC will be held well outside Toronto and that it'll be held sometime during the 2015 Pan Am Games (July 10 to 26) so we can use the event as a refuge from the noise and chaos.

The bid is from Windsor.

Comment

We hope to get the weekend. No stamina for a three days tournament yet. Let you know if we will get a place or new dates.
                    Any time frame on when you'll know?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek England View Post

It is in downtown Windsor next to the water park and art gallery. Hmmm... We don't want to conflict with the Quebec Open which is July 19 to 26th. The third option of July 13th through 16th would fit into this scenario. We could use it as a marketing tool. We also can't have it during the Dragon boat races which fill every hotel room in the city though I will have to check when that is this year.

Downtown Windsor
                      Windsor's Family Aquatic Complex
                      This 144,000 square-foot facility provides an exciting attraction for local families and tourists. With a competitive pool, diving well and family water park, the complex greatly increases the City's sports and recreation tourism and hosting capabilities. The Windsor/Essex County Sports Hall of Fame has its permanent home in the complex.

This is literally half a block away right next to the Art Gallery of Windsor. The Art Gallery is Free. The hotel is connected to the St. Clair Performing Arts Centre (formerly the Cleary) so you can probably find some concerts and entertainment at the same time. I've seen Blue Rodeo and Jan Arden there when it was the Cleary.

There are also some nice health club facilities in the aquatic complex that reportedly are accessible to the public for $5 a day though the hotel also has a small exercise area with treadmills and the like by their salt water pool.

Comment

Any time frame on when you'll know?
                        As soon as we get back the answer from Legion.

Comment

Egis, I certainly hope the Aurora organizers will have the good sense to avoid a conflict with the CYCC in 2015. It is the national youth championship. It has achieved great success in this time slot. Why mess with success?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                            Egis, I certainly hope the Aurora organizers will have the good sense to avoid a conflict with the CYCC in 2015. It is the national youth championship. It has achieved great success in this time slot. Why mess with success?
                            Once the contract is signed there won't be any flexibility on dates.

Recent CYCC dates

2010 - July 6 - 9th
                            2011 - July 6-9
                            2012 - July 2-6
                            2013 - July 10-13
                            2014 - July 15 -18

Comment

Would you be willing to hold the Canadian Open in concurrence with the CYCC in Windsor?

Comment

Working...
                              X