CYCC : Last announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC : Last announcements

The CYCC starts Tuesday, so it's about time we give more details about the arrival process.
    The first game starts at 10 but everyone needs to be there before 9:30 to check-in and make sure you are on the lists, in the right section, as a CFC member. The pairings will be done at 9:30, and we will make sure everyone who has checked in has an opponent. If you don't check in and there happens to be a mistake in your registration process, you might not get paired for the round and we won't be able to do anything about it. Details on the info document. You will also find complete information about the side events on this document.

Please make sure your children are CFC members. I went through the whole list yesterday. All membership statuses are up-to-date. If you register with the CFC (not through our website) in the next week, you NEED to email me about it because it might not show on the CFC lists before the tournament starts. We will pair EVERYONE who checks in for the first round, no exception. However, kids with expired CFC memberships will not be paired for the second round. 60 kids are still missing their memberships and we can't deal with them one at a time. Pre-registered list.

We will NOT accept on site registrations. Online registration closes Monday (July 14) night.

If you need anything, email me at romansg@fqechecs.qc.ca, or call (514) 252-3034 (on workdays)
    Last edited by Roman Sarrazin Gendron; Thursday, 10th July, 2014, 02:20 PM.

Re : CYCC : Last announcements

As stated in the document, the number of spots for the simuls (free) is limited, so we started taking registrations.
    However, we cannot accept requests to play against a specific player... We will assign the opponents once we have all the registrations.

Comment

Re: Re : CYCC : Last announcements

Are there prizes for the Bughouse tournament?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : CYCC : Last announcements

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post
        Are there prizes for the Bughouse tournament?
        We have trophies and might offer additionnal prizes, but we have not yet taken a decision on this.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC : Last announcements

There should be a soccer tournament for the participants of the CYCC/CO like they do in Europe for some chess tournaments.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC : Last announcements

Finding a soccer field in downtown Montreal must not be easy... There might be one at McGill free for all to use (there certainly is a field), but I can't tell.

Regarding the simuls : two additional GMs confirmed (GM Tiviakov and GM Moradiabadi). We now have 10 players giving simuls. I wonder if this is some kind of a record in Canada?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC : Last announcements

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
              Regarding the simuls : two additional GMs confirmed (GM Tiviakov and GM Moradiabadi). We now have 10 players giving simuls. I wonder if this is some kind of a record in Canada?
              10 players giving a simul on the exact same day must be a record.

Comment

Working...
              X