CYCC News (including interview by CBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including interview by C

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
    :(
    I was hoping to watch board 1 in the U16. Mark Plotkin plays very sharp lines and his games are always fun to watch.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We now display the top 2 boards of the U18 and the top 2 of the U16 (including Mark Plotkin's game).

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including interview

I can't see any live games at the link given. Just a blank DGT board... oh, after five minutes, I now see one game... now two games... but no moves in either game. Where's Monroi when we need them...

(We're up to 3 games now, I wonder if we'll get any moves... this is exciting...)

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including inter

I believe we lost the connection for a moment. The four games were working a little bit earlier, but not anymore. It should probably be up and running soon.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including i

CTV news English language did an interview of Richard Berube, a bunch of kids and myself and spent some time in the tournament hall filming. It should be on the news at 6 tonight in Montreal. It will be on their website after 7 pm or so.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including i

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            CTV news English language did an interview of Richard Berube, a bunch of kids and myself and spent some time in the tournament hall filming. It should be on the news at 6 tonight in Montreal. It will be on their website after 7 pm or so.
            So... slow news day, I guess! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
              So... slow news day, I guess! ;)
              Well, there is the passenger plane downed over the Ukraine, and Senator Duffy being charged with fraud... so maybe it is nice to have a feel-good news story.

Of course, some people don't miss an opportunity to criticize. Would you prefer no chess news in the media?

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (including interview

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                I can't see any live games at the link given. Just a blank DGT board... oh, after five minutes, I now see one game... now two games... but no moves in either game. Where's Monroi when we need them...
                That overpriced piece of... plastic? :)

Is that still being sold? And are people still buying a single use electronic device? If so... I'm truly amazed!

P.S. This is just to see if Monroi's marketing team is still working hard to make sure they don't get any bad publicity on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                  Well, there is the passenger plane downed over the Ukraine, and Senator Duffy being charged with fraud... so maybe it is nice to have a feel-good news story.

Of course, some people don't miss an opportunity to criticize. Would you prefer no chess news in the media?
                  Just kidding. Actually, it's a great idea to have our big tournaments in July/August.

Comment

Re: CYCC News (including interview by CBC)

so far well done, very impressive is the pairing and results, posted on chess results .com so promptly, also other aspects are so well organized, very good job, keep going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      Here is a link to the clip on the CTV website: http://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1919244

Steve

Comment

Where are playoff results?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (includ

I'm going to post something more formal tomorrow morning but Richard Wang won the U16 playoffs and Yan Wang won in U18G.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (in

Originally posted by Roman Sarrazin Gendron View Post
                            I'm going to post something more formal tomorrow morning but Richard Wang won the U16 playoffs and Yan Wang won in U18G.
                            No need for formalities, just list players 1-3 after playoffs in all groups. Thnx. Do you have a list? Scan, take a picture, etc.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC New

If I had the list I would have done something like that instead of saying I would do it tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure U16 is Wang, then Plotkin and Chiku-Ratté. Other sections are, I think, straightforward on chess-results.
                              Last edited by Roman Sarrazin Gendron; Friday, 18th July, 2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Re : CYCC News (includ

All the top three are in the same order as shown on chess-results except for U16 :Wang-Plotkin-Chiku. Yan Wang won the U18G. Sorry, the bughouse kept us busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X