FIDE Election Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Election Poll

To date two polls have been conducted regarding the FIDE Election. In one poll, Kasparov scored a landslide victory on Chesstalk. In another, the Governors also voted in favour of Kasparov in a "straw" poll.

In spite of the opinions of their constituency and the Governors Vlad pushed aggressively to have the executive ignore the polls and rush through an early endorsement of Kirsan.

I am a spokesperson for the Kasparov campaign in Canada and can attest to the fact that several attempts to communicate with a number of members of the executive it was impossible to do so and that most had a strong disposition towards supporting Kirsan based on what had been communicated to them by Hal and Vlad.

It's hard to fault several members of the executive for this. Many don't follow the details of international chess closely and were dependent on the information/opinions being provided them.

Vlad, for one, knows very little about international chess and there's a serious question as to whether or not the CFC has a moral right to adopt the arrogant stance of ignoring the overwhelming voice of it's constituency, or, for that matter, the voice of the Governors.

I'll not use this forum to promote Kasparov, or criticize Kirsan. Most are familiar with Kirsan's tenure as President and those interested in Kasarpov's goals can Google "Kasparov campaign".

The purpose of this poll is to reflect the CFC memberships voice in the upcoming election and to serve as a strong indicator for the new executive in terms of how they ought to cast their vote for FIDE President based on the poll.
    I Vote for Kiran
    0.00%
    I Vote for Kasparov
    85.00%
    I am neutral and abstain
    15.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: FIDE Election Poll

Originally posted by Robert Hamilton View Post
    In another, the Governors also voted in favour of Kasparov in a "straw" poll.
    Mr. Robert Hamilton, I saw a different result.

Comment

If you want to pretend the poll is scientific shouldn't you at least spell Kirsan's name correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
        Mr. Robert Hamilton, I saw a different result.
        The facts have little to do with this campaign of theirs. Thankfully it will be over in about three weeks and we will be able to evaluate how close GK was to winning. I expect not very.

Comment

That's actually funny Vlad.

You forgot to vote!

Regards,

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hamilton View Post
            That's actually funny Vlad.

You forgot to vote!

Regards,

Robert
            I don't think he forgot...
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

In recent news from a release by Edward Snowden, it's now been shown that the intelligence agency of the UK (and presumably the 5 Eyes as well of US, Canada, NZ, Auz and the UK itself) include in their bag of dirty tricks the ability to manipulate the results of online polls and fake the results.

Very interesting.

GHCQ bag of dirty tricks.
              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re : Re: FIDE Election Poll

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                In recent news from a release by Edward Snowden, it's now been shown that the intelligence agency of the UK (and presumably the 5 Eyes as well of US, Canada, NZ, Auz and the UK itself) include in their bag of dirty tricks the ability to manipulate the results of online polls and fake the results.

Very interesting.

GHCQ bag of dirty tricks.
                Do you really need to pollute every thread? This is getting ridiculous.
                Last edited by Felix Dumont; Wednesday, 16th July, 2014, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: FIDE Election Poll

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                  Do you really need to pollute every thread? This is getting ridiculous.
                  Are you censoring my remarks now? Nice.

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: FIDE Election Poll

You keep hijacking every thread to promote your personal agenda (like for Viarail or the Ukrainian WGM for example). We get it, you are anarchist, anti-capitalist, pro-Snowden, pro-Russia... This is entirely your right. But stop using every thread as an excuse to criticize someone or something.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: FIDE Election Poll

You keep hijacking every thread to promote your personal agenda (like for Viarail or the Ukrainian WGM for example). We get it, you are anarchist, anti-capitalist, pro-Snowden, pro-Russia... This is entirely your right. But stop using every thread as an excuse to criticize someone or something.
                      You're welcome to disagree and express your opinions here, without abuse of course, like everyone else. Trying to silence someone because you don't agree with them is pretty pathetic, don't you think?

In any case, I've always thought online polls are mostly worthless and now I have another reason to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                        You're welcome to disagree and express your opinions here, without abuse of course, like everyone else. Trying to silence someone because you don't agree with them is pretty pathetic, don't you think?

In any case, I've always thought online polls are mostly worthless and now I have another reason to think so.
                        "Trying to silence someone because you don't agree with them is pretty pathetic, don't you think?"
                        Isn't it what you were trying to do here with me?

Comment

re re re re all the way home

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                          "Trying to silence someone because you don't agree with them is pretty pathetic, don't you think?"
                          Isn't it what you were trying to do here with me?
                          lol. No, actually. By the way, you are hereby entitled to one free "STFU" seeing as one of your online pals noisily whined about the cruel treatment you got from someone who tired of your endless sniping [and who said to you "STFU".]

You're welcome to use it anytime. Even now, for example. Offer not good with other purchases.

Comment

Re: re re re re all the way home

Another poll. This is ridiculous. Poll after poll after poll. What a ridicule this whole affair has gotten to be.

Comment

Felix, the idea is very simple: to get people's attention away from the POLL.
                              I'd like to have any comments on this info: "There were just 3 youngsters from Canada at the PanAm Youth championships in Mexico. They came by themselves. US delegation brings home 5 Gold! 2 Silver and 1 Bronze. There were 12 sections: 6 for boys and 6 for girls ages 8-18."

Comment

Working...
                              X