Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FIDE Election Poll

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    Mr. Robert Hamilton, I saw a different result.
    http://chess-news.ru/node/16099 Hope you can read Russian...

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
      http://chess-news.ru/node/16099 Hope you can read Russian...
      Translation

Grigory Yavlinsky - FIDE Congress delegates and the international chess community
      Wednesday, 16/07/2014 15:19

"Ilyumzhinov at FIDE office - desecration of the principles and ideals of chess"

Russian politician, founder of the party "Yabloko" Grigory Yavlinsky, addressed an open letter that publishes a site kasparov2014.com:

Delegates Congress FIDE world chess community to

Dear fans of ancient noble game!

Let me in connection with the forthcoming FIDE Congress in August to draw your attention to the statement of the Russian
      United Democratic Party "Yabloko", founder and political leader that I am.

Mockery of the principles and ideals of high art is your tenure as FIDE President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, responsible for the brutal assassination of the Chairman of the Kalmyk Branch of our party Larisa Yudina.

Larisa Yudina talented journalist, a courageous woman whom I had the honor to know personally led a principled struggle with authoritarian and corrupt regime of President Ilyumzhinov of Kalmykia and paid for it with his life.

We, her colleagues will never forget and will not forgive the crime that has no statute of limitations.

Grigory Yavlinsky
      Moscow, Russia
      July 5, 2014

Wikipedia:
      Larisa Yudina - journalist, chief editor of "Sovetskaya Kalmykia," and then "Soviet Kalmykia Today", politician, co-chairman of the regional branch of the Kalmyk "Apple". Was killed June 7, 1998 in Elista. Two of the men involved in the murder and then convicted, were assistants Ilyumzhinov.
      Presidential Decree 10 September 2000 "for their courage and selflessness in the performance of professional duties" was posthumously awarded the "Order of Courage."

Comment

Robert,

Do you think chess is a democracy? A yes or no will do.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: re re re re all the way home

There is an old saying "The country is at war and the old woman combs her hair". This is what the chess (international) community does. The world is on the edge of military explosion, innocent people die in Gaza, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, etc and we keep posting polls in which the same people vote. Or apply "the letter of the law" to bar Russian women's team (by the way, a very nice team) to participate based on technicalities. "Gens una Sumus", right?

Comment

The poll is worthless. It is for members. There are at least 5 who voted and have expired or no membership in the CFC according to their CFC rating card.
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Laurentiu Grigorescu View Post
              There is an old saying "The country is at war and the old woman combs her hair". This is what the chess (international) community does. The world is on the edge of military explosion, innocent people die in Gaza, Ukraine, Syria, Iraq, etc and we keep posting polls in which the same people vote. Or apply "the letter of the law" to bar Russian women's team (by the way, a very nice team) to participate based on technicalities. "Gens una Sumus", right?
              Yes, lets forbid all the laws, regulations, agreements and have one man's say who's eligible to play and who is not.

Comment

I shall not cast a vote, but if I were to do so I would certainly consider as part of my assessment of the candidates the person they chose to represent them in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                  I shall not cast a vote, but if I were to do so I would certainly consider as part of my assessment of the candidates the person they chose to represent them in Canada.
                  Very interesting! Robert Hamilton is a spokesperson for the GK's campaign. And who in your opinion is a spokesperson for the KI's campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                    Yes, lets forbid all the laws, regulations, agreements and have one man's say who's eligible to play and who is not.
                    The laws and regulations say that that one man does have that right. The only right the Tromso organizers have is to apply a 100 euro late fee to federations who were late registering.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      The laws and regulations say that that one man does have that right. The only right the Tromso organizers have is to apply a 100 euro late fee to federations who were late registering.
                      Is this the same man who's close aides and child hood friend were convicted of murdering his political opponent? The man who held the world chess championship knockout tournament in Gadaffi controlled Libya that denied Jews and Israelis access?
                      The same man who is is close friends with Putin? I've heard of systems before where one man has the right to do anything. If I recall it did not end well.
                      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 19th July, 2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X