CFC member as a foreigner

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Egidijus Zeromskis
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
    er, no. FIDE does not get to decide how a player's name is properly spelt. Better to tell FIDE the correct spelling and have them change their records.
    and then go after Germans on their rating system and spelling errors LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • Roger Patterson
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    It is better to keep same with FIDE, will be less confusion later.
    er, no. FIDE does not get to decide how a player's name is properly spelt. Better to tell FIDE the correct spelling and have them change their records.

    Leave a comment:


  • Egidijus Zeromskis
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    LOL Which do you want? We'll call it the Canadian spelling, eh! :)
    It is better to keep same with FIDE, will be less confusion later.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vlad Drkulec
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Welcome to the Chess Federation of Canada Ilya!

    Vlad Drkulec
    President, Chess Federation of Canada

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Ilja View Post
    Actually the "y" is correct. But in chess I'm known with a "j" due to reasons..
    LOL Which do you want? We'll call it the Canadian spelling, eh! :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Ilja Ozerov
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Actually the "y" is correct. But in chess I'm known with a "j" due to reasons..

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Ilja View Post
    Wow, thanks :)
    At FIDE I'm registered as "Ilja Ozerov", with a j. Don't know if it's important.
    Oops. I have you with a j also. Correct?

    Leave a comment:


  • Ilja Ozerov
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    It will appear on the CFC website after the weekly update, sometimes very late tonight.
    For now, your CFC ID is:

    158059 Ilya Ozerov
    FIDE 24615064

    Welcome to Canada. :)
    Wow, thanks :) Looking forward to visiting Canada next month :)
    At FIDE I'm registered as "Ilja Ozerov", with a j. Don't know if it's important.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Ilja View Post
    How does the tournament director know I'm a CFC member?
    It will appear on the CFC website after the weekly update, sometimes very late tonight.
    For now, your CFC ID is:

    158059 Ilya Ozerov
    FIDE 24615064

    Welcome to Canada. :)

    oh, and that automated email about logging into website, ignore it.
    That is one of those stupid glitches in the system.
    For all those reading this: Do not try to login to the CFC website. It is for administrators only.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 16th July, 2014, 07:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Ilja - I got your payment and did respond.
    But the email system rejected my reply.

    I will try you again now.
    Nope, it failed again.
    Felix - Ilya paid last friday, so long before my recent computer problems.
    I had the same problem with another player from France.
    The CFC email system won't seem to reply to foreign email addresses. :(
    There are numerous little system problems to fix. Very aggravating indeed.

    I am investing in beer for now until we can get these annoyances fixed. I guess I'll have to talk to the boss about a techy support budget. :)

    Anyhow, I will forward confirmation of payment for these foreign players to organizers.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ilja Ozerov
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    I received an automatic E-mail and I'm able to log in. But I'm not sure if they know my full name. Will I be listed here: http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt ? How does the tournament director know I'm a CFC member?

    --

    Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Ilja - I got your payment and did respond.
    But the email system rejected my reply.

    I will try you again now.
    Great, thanks!
    Last edited by Ilja Ozerov; Wednesday, 16th July, 2014, 07:08 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bob Gillanders
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Ilja - I got your payment and did respond.
    But the email system rejected my reply.

    I will try you again now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Felix Dumont
    replied
    Re: CFC member as a foreigner

    Originally posted by Ilja View Post
    Hi, I'm Ilja from Germany. I would like to become a CFC member for one year in order to be able to play two tournaments in Canada next month. I payed the $36 @chess.ca. What do I have to do now? I tried to E-Mail info@chess.ca, but they don't answer. Is it even possible to become a CFC member as a foreigner? Do I have to join a chess club? Thanks!

    You should receive a confirmation email soon. The CFC had some issues yesterday with their website and their e-mail adresses, so it would explain the delay. You can now play in tournaments in Canada for the next 12 months (no need to join a club or anything else).

    Leave a comment:


  • Ilja Ozerov
    started a topic CFC member as a foreigner

    CFC member as a foreigner

    Hi, I'm Ilja from Germany. I would like to become a CFC member for one year in order to be able to play two tournaments in Canada next month. I payed the $36 @chess.ca. What do I have to do now? I tried to E-Mail info@chess.ca, but they don't answer. Is it even possible to become a CFC member as a foreigner? Do I have to join a chess club? Thanks!
Working...
X