Originally posted by Roger Patterson
View Post
CFC member as a foreigner
Collapse
X
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
and then go after Germans on their rating system and spelling errors LOL
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
er, no. FIDE does not get to decide how a player's name is properly spelt. Better to tell FIDE the correct spelling and have them change their records.Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View PostIt is better to keep same with FIDE, will be less confusion later.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
It is better to keep same with FIDE, will be less confusion later.Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View PostLOL Which do you want? We'll call it the Canadian spelling, eh! :)
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Welcome to the Chess Federation of Canada Ilya!
Vlad Drkulec
President, Chess Federation of Canada
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
LOL Which do you want? We'll call it the Canadian spelling, eh! :)Originally posted by Ilja View PostActually the "y" is correct. But in chess I'm known with a "j" due to reasons..
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Actually the "y" is correct. But in chess I'm known with a "j" due to reasons..
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Oops. I have you with a j also. Correct?Originally posted by Ilja View PostWow, thanks :)
At FIDE I'm registered as "Ilja Ozerov", with a j. Don't know if it's important.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Wow, thanks :) Looking forward to visiting Canada next month :)Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View PostIt will appear on the CFC website after the weekly update, sometimes very late tonight.
For now, your CFC ID is:
158059 Ilya Ozerov
FIDE 24615064
Welcome to Canada. :)
At FIDE I'm registered as "Ilja Ozerov", with a j. Don't know if it's important.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
It will appear on the CFC website after the weekly update, sometimes very late tonight.Originally posted by Ilja View PostHow does the tournament director know I'm a CFC member?
For now, your CFC ID is:
158059 Ilya Ozerov
FIDE 24615064
Welcome to Canada. :)
oh, and that automated email about logging into website, ignore it.
That is one of those stupid glitches in the system.
For all those reading this: Do not try to login to the CFC website. It is for administrators only.Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 16th July, 2014, 07:20 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Nope, it failed again.Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View PostIlja - I got your payment and did respond.
But the email system rejected my reply.
I will try you again now.
Felix - Ilya paid last friday, so long before my recent computer problems.
I had the same problem with another player from France.
The CFC email system won't seem to reply to foreign email addresses. :(
There are numerous little system problems to fix. Very aggravating indeed.
I am investing in beer for now until we can get these annoyances fixed. I guess I'll have to talk to the boss about a techy support budget. :)
Anyhow, I will forward confirmation of payment for these foreign players to organizers.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
I received an automatic E-mail and I'm able to log in. But I'm not sure if they know my full name. Will I be listed here: http://chess.ca/sites/default/files/tdlist.txt ? How does the tournament director know I'm a CFC member?
--
Great, thanks!Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View PostIlja - I got your payment and did respond.
But the email system rejected my reply.
I will try you again now.Last edited by Ilja Ozerov; Wednesday, 16th July, 2014, 07:08 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Ilja - I got your payment and did respond.
But the email system rejected my reply.
I will try you again now.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: CFC member as a foreigner
Originally posted by Ilja View PostHi, I'm Ilja from Germany. I would like to become a CFC member for one year in order to be able to play two tournaments in Canada next month. I payed the $36 @chess.ca. What do I have to do now? I tried to E-Mail info@chess.ca, but they don't answer. Is it even possible to become a CFC member as a foreigner? Do I have to join a chess club? Thanks!
You should receive a confirmation email soon. The CFC had some issues yesterday with their website and their e-mail adresses, so it would explain the delay. You can now play in tournaments in Canada for the next 12 months (no need to join a club or anything else).
Leave a comment:
-
CFC member as a foreigner
Hi, I'm Ilja from Germany. I would like to become a CFC member for one year in order to be able to play two tournaments in Canada next month. I payed the $36 @chess.ca. What do I have to do now? I tried to E-Mail info@chess.ca, but they don't answer. Is it even possible to become a CFC member as a foreigner? Do I have to join a chess club? Thanks!Tags: None


Leave a comment: