Open Letter From The Ukraniain Chess Federation To The Canadian Chess Federation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CFC or CCF ?

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
    I insinuate nothing. One of them apparently spelled our name incorrectly, someone here spelled their name incorrectly, we're even. Right?

I'll leave the debate over content to people who have been paying enough attention to actually debate it.
    Apologies... I was merely continuing the thread, I did not mean to imply you were doing the insinuating! BTW I agree with your post.:-)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Mallon View Post
      Do we call it even considering the title of this thread? :)

"Open Letter From The Ukraniain Chess Federation To The Canadian Chess Federation"
      The thread was started by one of the Kasparov people. They have not shown themselves to be good at details like spelling or logic.

Comment

Will the CFC be writing a letter back to the Ukrainian Chess Federation in consideration of the tragic events there ......
        ...... or will we simply watch events unfold - like sheep watching a train going by?
        If we write back, perhaps we could see a copy of our reply posted here on ChessTalk.

PS: I suggest that Nigel NOT be the one doing the writing!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
          Will the CFC be writing a letter back to the Ukrainian Chess Federation in consideration of the tragic events there ......
          ...... or will we simply watch events unfold - like sheep watching a train going by?
          If we write back, perhaps we could see a copy of our reply posted here on ChessTalk.

PS: I suggest that Nigel NOT be the one doing the writing!
          Yes, Vlad, that would be a honorable thing to do. However I doubt very much that CFC executive would take a risk to upset their great benefactor: his highness KI!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
            Yes, Vlad, that would be a honorable thing to do. However I doubt very much that CFC executive would take a risk to upset their great benefactor: his highness KI!
            Still, one could say positive words to our Ukrainian friends without attaching blame on anyone. That letter should not be in the style of ChessTalk!
            Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Saturday, 19th July, 2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Still, one could say positive words to our Ukrainian friends without attaching blame on anyone. That letter should not be in the style of ChessTalk!
              This is from their letter: "I hope that we can develop a strong partnership that would result in coordinated activities such as scholastic chess programs, exchange of trainers, national team matches, and other areas of common interest." Is any of it in the interests of CFC?

Considering that Ukraine has top Men's and Women's teams and trainers shouldn't be CFC interested in cooperation with them? If yes - there must be a reply.

Comment

This is from their letter: "I hope that we can develop a strong partnership that would result in coordinated activities such as scholastic chess programs, exchange of trainers, national team matches, and other areas of common interest." Is any of it in the interests of CFC?

Considering that Ukraine has top Men's and Women's teams and trainers shouldn't be CFC interested in cooperation with them? If yes - there must be a reply.
                Yes, it is the CFC to move next. However, if it is politically not possible for them, then Larry Bevand might take advantage of the dialog to advance either Ukranian GM's in a futurity event or say matches for junior teams with coaching, all partly sponsored by Chess 'n Math and partly by interested sponsor(s).
                But best of all might be CFC together with Chess 'n Math AND sponsors.
                But FIRST a letter of intent and immediately! Stop watching that train going by!
                Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Saturday, 19th July, 2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Re: Open Letter From The Ukranian Chess Federation To The Chess Federation of Canada

Mr. Belzberg, other than your post here, exactly where has this "open letter" been published? Has the letter been sent by the Ukrainian Chess Federation to the CFC?

Steve

Comment

Yes, it is the CFC to move next. However, if it is politically not possible for them, then Larry Bevand might take advantage of the dialog to advance either Ukranian GM's in a futurity event or say matches for junior teams with coaching, all partly sponsored by Chess 'n Math and partly by interested sponsor(s).
                    But best of all might be CFC together with Chess 'n Math AND sponsors.
                    But FIRST a letter of intent and immediately!
                    Monday will be a key day as that is when the organizers in Tromso decide if they cave into FIDE demands that among other things allow's newly minted Chess Federations that favor Kirsan (Afghanistan and Gabon to name a few) (sanctified by the FIDE Electroal commission manned by KIrsan's henchmen) to be delegates or if they do the right thing and tell FIDE to get stuffed! It is a very difficult decision as the road of integrity is often the hardest one to take. i hope that Norway does the right thing but it may be too impractical.
                    Depending on the outcome of this could very well dictate new alliances with chess organizations outside of the Putin controlled FIDE supporters. Larry and Vlad Dobrich, lets talk on Monday if Norway does the right thing.
                    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 19th July, 2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Re: Open Letter From The Ukranian Chess Federation To The Chess Federation of Canada

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                      Mr. Belzberg, other than your post here, exactly where has this "open letter" been published? Has the letter been sent by the Ukrainian Chess Federation to the CFC?

Steve
                      Yes the Executive Director received it earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                        Are you aware if anybody's drafting a reply?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post
                          Thanks Fred. I was just curious since I didn't see it anywhere on the Ukrainian Chess Federation site. My other question would be how many similar letters went to other federations but that will probably have to wait for another day.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post

Steve
                            LOL! You must be kidding!

Comment

To me it's starting to sound desperate. The letter from FIDE is a swift kick in the butt for Norway. I expect them to either fold like a cheap suitcase or give up the Olympiad. Personally, I don't care which.

There's a better chance of the UN breaking up than there is of FIDE breaking up the way I see it.
                              Gary Ruben
                              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Are you aware if anybody's drafting a reply?
                                I would think this would be a matter for Hal & Vlad to address. Right now I think it's safe to say our biggest concerns are regarding the Olympiad and making sure we get everyone registered for the WYCC.

Comment

Working...
                                X