X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A sad situation

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
    My comments regarding the four requirements for the derivative action:

1.The directors of the corporation will not bring, diligently prosecute or defend or discontinue the action. I believe its true.

2.I gave Directors a reasonable notice of my intention to seek leave to commence a derivative action. It is expiring on August 1st at noon EDT. Nobody has asked for an extention.
    Posting something on chesstalk is not legal notice. We await your or your lawyer's registered letter which will hopefully make more sense than you have so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      At the end of this process when the smoke clears the CFC will have raised it stature and influence in the chess world.
      Look, you are a real maniac, aren't you! But what about other executives? Everything will be in the open after August 1st noon EDT. And they'll be just as liable as you are. Regarding getting all info out - no doubts about it. We have to clean up CFC one way or another. And "the loot" will never materialize anyway.

Comment

Posting something on chesstalk is not legal notice. We await your or your lawyer's registered letter which will hopefully make more sense than you have so far.
        Well, you've just confirmed that you are aware of the upcoming action.

Comment

Well, you've just confirmed that you are aware of the upcoming action.
          No I'm not. I know you sent your lawyer a letter. That is all I know and I am not even sure of that. You do have a propensity to play games with the truth as noted by Garland on your claim that I control and censor the voting members.

Comment

Vlad, have you heard if this is causing a distraction for our Olympiad teams in Norway?
            Gary Ruben
            CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
              Vlad, have you heard if this is causing a distraction for our Olympiad teams in Norway?
              That would only be likely if they got on the elevator with G.K. or Mig ... lol
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I made my reasons clear when I decined to vote for either of you nor Vlad in the election. Neither of you seem to show any restraint in attacking the other. In terms of harm to the CFC, far more harm has been done in public attacks on one another on this site than the FIDE vote itself. It's unseemly and tars us all.

Furthermore you make references to censorship to explain why you do not post on the VM discussion board, so do not say "I'm not claiming anything". You did just that.

If you fail, then the executive and VM of the CFC will have wasted time, energy and money defending itself against your actions. If you win, it will not affect the election outcome as the FIDE election will have come and gone, and I fail to see where these "real finances" will suddenly come from. Based on any correspondence I have rid, Sid is done with us, so that ship has sailed. So the only outcome is loss of tournament sponsorship money, which by the way is NOT a crime to accept.

So if you and Vlad have legal counsel, ask them and I'm sure they will tell each of you to stop posting as it does not help your case.

Comment

All right, I didn't want to say this, but I have to.

Sasha's wife, Nava Starr, is a member of the women's olympiad team. I truly hope that she will show the wisdom and forethought to leave all of the politics going on here behind her when representing Canada at this olympiad, both at the board, and with the other team members, and be a positive example of professionalism. If she does, then she will have won my admiration. If not, I am very much concerned for the other members of the team, especially one charming young lady who is on the team for the first time. I want very much for this event to be a rewarding experience for her and the other team members.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                    All right, I didn't want to say this, but I have to.

Sasha's wife, Nava Starr, is a member of the women's olympiad team. I truly hope that she will show the wisdom and forethought to leave all of the politics going on here behind her when representing Canada at this olympiad, both at the board, and with the other team members, and be a positive example of professionalism. If she does, then she will have won my admiration. If not, I am very much concerned for the other members of the team, especially one charming young lady who is on the team for the first time. I want very much for this event to be a rewarding experience for her and the other team members.
                    There does not seem to be any reason to think that Nava is publicly involved in any of the Sasha-Vlad-Sid rodeo.
                    It is quite possible that she has chosen sides (so to speak) but I see no reason to expect anything other than the utmost professionalism from her.
                    Obviously Sasha feels strongly about this (as does Sid and Vlad) - so much so that Sasha became a CFC Governor (or whatever they are called now)
                    and even ran for CFC President.

I imagine the team members in Tromso will likely ignore all of this politicking as just that and concentrate on the 64 squares - and more power to them!
                    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

All I needed was to provide a "reasonable notice". I did it.

Comment

All I needed was to provide a "reasonable notice". I did it.
                        I think it's more than that, but....

I fail to see how posting anything on ChessTalk can qualify as "reasonable notice" of anything, legal or otherwise. Posting on ChessTalk is the equivalent of scribbling on a locker-room wall.

I also don't see anywhere in your fevered postings here anything that would serve as proper notice of your intentions even if this were a proper venue for serving notice.

And finally, aren't you supposed to supply "notice" to more than just Mr. Drkulec?

Steve

Comment

Camera pans to an almost empty courtroom. Sasha's lawyer fidgets nervously. Sasha appears oblivious to the barrister's discomfort.

Judge: Where are the defendants?

Sasha: I gave notice on chesstalk.

Judge: What is chesstalk? Where is your proof of service?

Sasha: Proof of what?

Judge: Case dismissed.

Comment

This entire post and legal threats reek heavily of sore loser mentality
                            Shameless self-promotion on display here
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/Barkyducky?feature=mhee

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                              I doubt it. This is going to be as silly as the last time I and some other people got sued by a somewhat less than rational person.

We went to court. He had one of the best lawyers in Windsor. I had discarded my lawyer after paying her $1000 when she asked me to settle even though we were clearly in the right. We took our chances in court. The high priced lawyer did not help him. The justice told him if he went to trial he would lose and have to pay damages and costs far in excess of what he was suing for. He folded like an accordian.

Comment

Look, you are a real maniac, aren't you! But what about other executives? Everything will be in the open after August 1st noon EDT. And they'll be just as liable as you are. Regarding getting all info out - no doubts about it. We have to clean up CFC one way or another. And "the loot" will never materialize anyway.
                                Yes. Everything will be out in the open if you manage to initiate this action and you are going to embarrass the Kasparov campaign and not me or the executive. I have pretty much revealed everything about the FIDE election publicly already aside from the nitty gritty details of everything the Kasparov campaign did but its all there in our emails. You will put in the public record some things that will be quite embarrassing to the people that you are suing on behalf of and I will certainly oppose any effort to keep them out of the public record. Any rational person or judge will conclude that we made the only choice that any self respecting person would make. Go ahead. Make my day.
                                Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Thursday, 31st July, 2014, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X