Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

Kasparov campaign in death bed? Entry from grandmaster Kevin Spraggett's blog
    http://kevinspraggettonchess.wordpre...-on-death-bed/

WHO IS KASPAROV'S NUMBER ONE ENEMY?

Kasparov himself! His FIDE election campaign has been alienating potential voters since day one. Certainly, there is plenty of public evidence to back up this proposition. The latest can be seen today when the prestigious Spanish periodical ‘El Mundo’ published an article by Kasparov, hysterically attacking the popular president of the Spanish chess federation (FEDA) Javier Ochoa. for refusing to meet with either Kasparov or his representatives to discuss Spain’s vote in the upcoming FIDE presidential election early next month. Kasparov fears the worse…that Spain will vote for the incumbent Kirsan Ilyumzhinov...

It is now beginning to look that Kasparov made a serious error of judgement in deciding to take a second run at the FIDE presidency. The chess world apparently does not want Kasparov as its head. Last time around , in 2010, both he and his running-mate Karpov were soundly thumped 95-55. Everybody was surprised when he announced his campaign late last year.

Today many inside the chess community view Kasparov as a scary extreme-rightwing fanatic, a shameless opportunist and especially as an anachronism from the Cold War, not capable of seeing things in any colours other than the Black and White of the Cold War days. On top of this, Kasparov runs the risk of losing support as each day passes…Kasparov’s campaign failure will likely be recorded as a historic defeat.

images

While Kirsan has good reasons to smile, many of Kirsan’s votes will be anti-Kasparov votes.

The full article is available on Kevin Spraggett's blog.
    Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 28th July, 2014, 10:19 AM.

Re: Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

July 14, 2014

Real Numbers: Kasparov Leads in Asia

After our recent visits to Mr. Ilyumzhinov’s websites to expose their lies, it is pleasant to return to real information and real numbers. Last week we demonstrated proof of Team Kasparov’s lead in Africa. Today it is Asia’s turn to step forward into the bright new future and destroy the myths about Kirsan Ilyumzhinov’s support.

real-numbers-asia

KASPAROV 15: Afghanistan, Australia, Bhutan, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Macau, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Singapore

ILYUMZHINOV 8: Cambodia, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Maldives, Nepal, Qatar, Uzbekistan

[ 25 Asian countries have not made their intentions public ]

FULL REPORT

End of the Myth: Africa for Team Kasparov!

Since the beginning of this campaign, Team Kasparov has promoted a bright new future for FIDE based on sponsorship, education, and professionalism. We have a mission, we have funding, we have policy, and we have the right people to do the job. The Ilyumzhinov campaign message has also been very clear: “we are winning.” Along with personal attacks on our team members, they repeat this myth over and over, claiming bigger and more fantastic margins of victory every day. They say little about the last 19 years and even less about the next four.

africa-realnumbers

The last myth is over. Our opponent’s campaign said Africa would quietly stay with the status quo. They were wrong. Below we publish 14 letters of endorsement for Kasparov, plus the five nominating nations that have all made clear their support. The current real numbers are 18 for Kasparov (plus Tanzania, which does not yet vote at this Congress), 14 for Ilyumzhinov, and five still undecided. Namibia, Zambia, and Botswana nominated Ilyumzhinov but will all hold decisive votes in the coming days. We wish them courage!

FULL STORY

Comment

More bad news for Kasparov Re: Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

http://kevinspraggettonchess.wordpre...-for-kasparov/

Garry Kasparov is a legend of chess, and everywhere he travels he is greeted by thousands of fans and even political leaders come out and pay respect to his incredible achievements as a player who dominated his sport for more than a decade. BUT, the chess world is a tough sell: chessplayers are thinkers, and they recognize that Kasparov the politician is NOT the same thing as Kasparov the legend. And this election, coming on the heels of a humiliating defeat in 2010, is heading into one of Kasparov’s worse nightmares. Unofficial counts give Kirsan an overwhelming lead, close to 75% of the vote.

Ilyumzhinov-Putin-2008

Many believe that Kasparov has overplayed the ‘Putin card’ in the FIDE election, trying to sell his campaign on some sort of anti-Putin platform rather than the normal FIDE election held every 4-years that it is. Spaceships, aliens and Russia-phobia apart, Kirsan is one of the most popular figures in the chessworld’s history, enjoying overwhelming support for his efforts to reconstruct the chess world from the ruins that Kasparov left it in 1993….

Comment

Re: More bad news for Kasparov Re: Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

During my campaign, my team and I have always focused on our ambitious plans to reform and transform FIDE. There’s no need for us to “go negative” when we have a much better team, a great platform and concrete plans for change, and real funding. I would be happy for the candidates to present their plans for the future of FIDE and chess and to let the federations decide on the merits of each plan. In fact, in Istanbul addressing the 2012 FIDE General Assembly I said the same, that the next election should be about who will do better in the future instead of arguing about the past.

Comment

In two weeks we will see which opinion pieces (Kevin Spraggett's or Garry Kasparov's) were correct. I would bet on Kevin as he seems a tad more objective on this subject.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 28th July, 2014, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Re: More bad news for Kasparov Re: Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
            During my campaign, my team and I have always focused on our ambitious plans to reform and transform FIDE. There’s no need for us to “go negative” when we have a much better team, a great platform and concrete plans for change, and real funding. I would be happy for the candidates to present their plans for the future of FIDE and chess and to let the federations decide on the merits of each plan. In fact, in Istanbul addressing the 2012 FIDE General Assembly I said the same, that the next election should be about who will do better in the future instead of arguing about the past.
            Reduce and then eliminate all federation fees to FIDE. Federations keep and spend their own money. FIDE will aid and counsel the federations – not exploit them, not take from them.
            Mr. President, why CFC was not interested to substantially reduce and then eliminated its FIDE's related expenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              In two weeks we will see which opinion pieces Kevin Spraggett's or Garry Kasparov's were correct. I would bet on Kevin as he seems a tad more objective on this subject.
              More importantly, in two weeks I hope we see the end of all this drivel that is posted by the two sides...
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                In two weeks we will see which opinion pieces Kevin Spraggett's or Garry Kasparov's were correct. I would bet on Kevin as he seems a tad more objective on this subject.
                Well Vlad, you seem to like what Spraggett says only when it suits you...
                Also From Kevin's Blog

http://kevinspraggettonchess.wordpre...&submit=Search

"What are Canada’s best interests? Notice that I do not ask ‘What are the CFC’s best interests?’ For the Canadian chess federation, it makes little difference which candidate wins: Canada is a minor player in the chess world, participates in the regular FIDE-calender events and pays its dues on time. A federation such as the CFC–which is struggling to survive day to day in a non-chess country–has nothing to gain; Kasparov or Kirsan at the top will make no difference.

BUT, the CFC should vote in a manner that best serves the country’s interests. The CFC should vote according to Canada’s long-held values and beliefs. And historical alliances. Canada, its closest neighbour (US), western Europe and the Commonwealth share the same values and beliefs. Unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise, we should support one another. Besides, everyone recognizes that it is time for FIDE to see a change at the top…

Voting for Kasparov (regardless of what one thinks of him personally) is in Canada’s best interests. If we don’t like the way he runs FIDE in the next 4 years, then we can always vote him out in 2018. The present leadership of the CFC has already decided to support Kirsan…but one of the perks of living in a free country is our right to change our minds."

While we are at it let me put in a few other quote's Spraggett's blog

Kevin's assessment of Vlad and the CFC

"And Canada–voting for the Kirsan camp in August–has just finished its annual online meeting, seeing its president Vlad Drkulec being re-elected to a second one-year mandate. I am not sure congratulations are inorder, Vlad, but congratulations anyway! (My opinion is that Vlad is a competent administrator, something that the CFC has not seen for atleast a decade)

However, Canadian chess is suffering big time, and not even a Vlad Drkulec can stop the downward spiral that has seen the CFC alienate, in recent times, virtually all of the top players, skilled volunteers and historic sponsors that had once made chess in Canada a respectable community. Often operating outside of the word and spirit of the law, the CFC has seen the Canadian government withdraw its tax charity status.

On top of this, almost 50% of the membership has disappeared. Apparently all of Canada has only 800 adult members, a number that would horrify most chess federations. On top of this, the executive has failed to attract any skilled entrepreneurs, successful business people (Lyle Craver’s family business of producing inflatable sex dolls does not count) or celebrities to run for office.

There are no plans for a membership drive. There are no plans to update its website. There are no plans to get Saskatchewan to become an association within the Canadian chess community (Saskatchewan withdrew last year). There are no plans to revive the Canadian closed championship.

Vladimir Drkulec has a daunting and hopeless challenge before him. The recent controversy in the CFC about which FIDE candidate Canada should support has left the CFC even weaker than before. Sid Belzberg will never sponsor the CFC’s activities again. What has become clear, atleast to this observer, is that the CFC executive does NOT represent the views of the majority of the members of the Canadian chess community. The CFC executive , with the exception of Vlad Drkulec, is little more than a disgruntled group of weak. ageing club-players trying to dominate and destroy ,little by little, what several generations had built up in Canadian chess.

And that is the only thing the CFC is having success in doing.."
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 28th July, 2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  More importantly, in two weeks I hope we see the end of all this drivel that is posted by the two sides...
                  That's what all Executives hope for. However the real story will begin unfolding very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    I don't consider the CFC alienating and insulting sponsors and participating in the corrupt practices of FIDE in order to endorse a thug and crook at a time when the adult membership of the CFC declined almost 10% last year as mere drivel. I don't consider the FIDE representative being ordered to engage in FIDE corruption using as leverage.my good faith offer to reengage in Canadian Chess together with my friend Garry as drivel.

I consider it a disgrace to Canada. Contrary to what Vlad thinks the world will not stop after the election and I can assure you we will find great things to do San's FIDE and the CFC if that is how the chips fall. It will be interesting to see how FIDE operates in North America if Kirsan is the president and when he ends up on the sanctions list. The open letter to the CFC from the Ukraine Chess Federation is the beginning of a formal process.The Ukraine does not appreciate Vlad's bleating of FIDES party line of denial of recognizing the Russian Chess Federation having jurisdiction in Crimea.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
                      That's what all Executives hope for. However the real story will begin unfolding very soon.
                      I'll make popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                        I don't consider the CFC alienating and insulting sponsors
                        Which sponsors? If we are talking ancient history here there was a certain sponsor who thought that his contributions to Canadian elite chess which always came with strings attached entitled him to dictate how the CFC should vote in the present FIDE election. The executive disagreed and hence this tempest in a teapot. The fact that you gave money many years ago does not entitle you to forever set the agenda for the CFC. Sorry if that is seen as overly harsh but that is self evident to most adults.

and participating in the corrupt practices of FIDE
                        If you want to be seen as agents of light and goodness it would help if you behaved in a way that is consistent with what agents of light and goodness would behave. The Leong deal sank that ship long before it sailed. From the point of view of the cynic which most of the CFC exec definitely share it appears that you wish to place Garry in charge so that he can refine those alleged corrupt practices into a well oiled machine.

in order to endorse a thug and crook
                        That appears to be your narrative or story but when it doesn't match the experience of the people that you are trying to peddle it to - the chess federations that FIDE is comprised of - then your story fails because it is found to contain some untruths.

at a time when the adult membership of the CFC declined almost 10% last year
                        And it probably went up another 10% or more last week. Over 400 players participated in the Canadian Open and another 316 participated in CYCC so I suspect that any dip in the membership numbers from an exceptionally harsh winter have disappeared. We should have updated stats in a few weeks. Once again your doom and gloom scenario has been shown to be less than accurate.

as mere drivel. I don't consider the FIDE representative being ordered to engage in FIDE corruption using as leverage.my good faith offer to reengage in Canadian Chess together with my friend Garry as drivel.
                        You're just being silly Sid. The biggest stench of corruption in this whole FIDE campaign was the deal between Leong and Kasparov exposed by that New York paper. Any illusions that Garry offered something different to FIDE disappeared with the release of that story. At that point the calculations shifted to whether we go with the incumbent who has a proven record of accomplishment in raising FIDE's profile and numbers and also has shown himself to be an adept chess politician or whether we go with the unknowns presented by the Gary Kasparov campaign. The USCF frog made a leap of faith in supporting Gary secure in the knowledge that they were making a leap of faith and that the scorpion which needed a ride on their back across the pond would be different this time.

I consider it a disgrace to Canada. Contrary to what Vlad thinks the world will not stop after the election and I can assure you we will find great things to do San's FIDE and the CFC if that is how the chips fall. It will be interesting to see how FIDE operates in North America if Kirsan is the president and when he ends up on the sanctions list. The open letter to the CFC from the Ukraine Chess Federation is the beginning of a formal process.The Ukraine does not appreciate Vlad's bleating of FIDES party line of denial of recognizing the Russian Chess Federation having jurisdiction in Crimea.
                        The "letter" from the Ukrainian federation appears to be something generated by the Kasparov campaign. It is asking us to change our decision rather late in the process. We are not going to do that. FIDE has referred the matter of Crimea to the IOC where it belongs.

Comment

Vladimir Drkulec has a daunting and hopeless challenge before him. The recent controversy in the CFC about which FIDE candidate Canada should support has left the CFC even weaker than before. Sid Belzberg will never sponsor the CFC’s activities again. What has become clear, atleast to this observer, is that the CFC executive does NOT represent the views of the majority of the members of the Canadian chess community. The CFC executive , with the exception of Vlad Drkulec, is little more than a disgruntled group of weak. ageing club-players trying to dominate and destroy ,little by little, what several generations had built up in Canadian chess.

And that is the only thing the CFC is having success in doing.."

from Kevin Spraggett's block: you are so keen of quoting him! ENJOY!

Comment

Vlad, as usual, your replies are pathetic. The so called corruption you refer between Leong and Kasparov was a fully and publicly disclosed deal involving the Kasparov Chess Foundation that had the full approval of the KCF board and donors that include a multi billionaire hedge fund manager. It did not involve plundering the resources and revenues of FIDE such as the non disclosed secret deal that Kirsan attempted to pull off with Agon.

The evidence of Kirsan being an thug and a crook is massive and overwhelming and has been posted here many times on chess talk.The opinions of Federations that are paid to look the other way does not negate this.
                            http://kasparov2014.com/wp-content/u...rt_Stories.pdf

"What sponsors?" The one that more then one of your executive team solicited after you had Hal betray both Garry and me.

You are now trying to say that the the open letter from the Ukranian Chess federation is a forgery? The one that your executive acknowledges receiving? LOL! You are really stepping over the line pal.

The Ukraine and it's chess federation see the Crimean jurisdiction very differently then the party line that you parrot from FIDE and where it should be discussed.
                            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 28th July, 2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Sid if you persist in showing that you have reading comprehension issues like your brother Sasha I will have to simply cease to respond to you. Profanity in a forum where children sometimes read and post also do not enhance the perception that you a serious seeker after the truth.

It appears from your response that the Kasparov Chess Foundation endorses Gary Kasparov buying votes with funds raised for children's chess which would seem to cause the government to be concerned. Hopefully it is not incorporated in the U.S. as this would seem to run against the regulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X