Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kasparov campaign on death bed? - Kevin Spraggett

The financials for 2012 show $3,000,000 in cash and investments and no liabilities. Some of the benefactors listed include billionaires. Makes the CFC's finances look like a joke. You are also assuming this is Gary's only vehicle for fund raising. It is not. Nothing to do with off the books. Gary has access to legitimate sponsors , Kirsan does not. http://kasparov2014.com/wp-content/u...rt_Stories.pdf
    So you don't believe the Ukraine authored the letter, why don't you contact them and check it out instead of your baseless statements.
    You never stop lying do you? It was very clear before you had your straw poll with the governors that it was not dependent on Gary getting elected.
    Have fun being in bed with Kirsan.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Promises, promises. I look forward to your renewed idiocy on August 1st. I might not notice until August 4th or 5th when I get back from the tournament. Of course I might not notice until a few days later because I will have family visiting.
      You will notice, as well as million other people. The clock is ticking...
      You have slightly over three days left.
      Have a good night!

Comment

Originally posted by Sasha Starr View Post
        Have a good night!
        Your last few posts have sounded like threats.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
          Your last few posts have sounded like threats.

Steve
          Well yes. Sasha has been doing that all along as has been Sid to a slightly lesser extent. True believers and people who belong to a cult of personality do that. So far the most that they have managed to do is plant a few stories with some journalists who were not entirely aware of the whole situation. They also call people who aren't thugs, thugs to make it all seem all right in their own twisted minds. They have their demons and those demons dictate their actions. Their repertoire is very limited and you can recognize the variety of their demons by looking at the opening moves in their little games and the language that they use.

I don't know precisely what mischief they are up to but can predict with some safety that it will be ineffective. By concentrating on me and the CFC the Kasparov campaign team is in effect wasting their time trying to grab a useless a-pawn while their king is under furious attack over on the kingside. For a person who wrote a book on business strategy based on chess principles Garry sure doesn't seem to apply what he wrote.

Comment

Have a good night!
            Should we be contacting the RCMP or CSIS?

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
              The financials for 2012 show $3,000,000 in cash and investments and no liabilities.
              More precisely $2,970,674 in cash and investments. The 2013 numbers seem a bit late and I suspect your burn rate has gone up significantly.

You are ten times the size of the CFC and you pay your one employee better than we pay our one and a half employees.

Some of the benefactors listed include billionaires. Makes the CFC's finances look like a joke. You are also assuming this is Gary's only vehicle for fund raising. It is not. Nothing to do with off the books. Gary has access to legitimate sponsors , Kirsan does not. http://kasparov2014.com/wp-content/u...rt_Stories.pdf
              I understand that Nigel profited from Garry Kasparov's break with FIDE and would like to reward his old friend for that. More interesting to me is what Nigel did to a certain former Danish olympiad team member to make her so annoyed at him.

So you don't believe the Ukraine authored the letter, why don't you contact them and check it out instead of your baseless statements.
              I don't believe the Ukraine authored the letter. It is possible that someone in the Ukraine Chess Federation authored the letter at Garry Kasparov's or the GK campaign's request. If they were serious about wanting the CFC's help they might have sent it to one of the publicly available email addresses before publishing it on Garry Kasparov's campaign website and they might have left out the last paragraph. As it is it is clearly a publicity stunt which hopes to help the GK campaign. It seems to me to have fallen flat.

You never stop lying do you? It was very clear before you had your straw poll with the governors that it was not dependent on Gary getting elected.
              Have fun being in bed with Kirsan.
              You communicate very imprecisely and carelessly and then you complain when what you meant to say got lost in the ambiguities of your words. In my mind and the mind of the executive any support was clearly dependent on Garry getting elected. In my one telephone conversation with you, that was what you clearly said.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                Well yes. Sasha has been doing that all along as has been Sid to a slightly lesser extent. True believers and people who belong to a cult of personality do that. So far the most that they have managed to do is plant a few stories with some journalists who were not entirely aware of the whole situation. They also call people who aren't thugs, thugs to make it all seem all right in their own twisted minds. They have their demons and those demons dictate their actions. Their repertoire is very limited and you can recognize the variety of their demons by looking at the opening moves in their little games and the language that they use.

I don't know precisely what mischief they are up to but can predict with some safety that it will be ineffective. By concentrating on me and the CFC the Kasparov campaign team is in effect wasting their time trying to grab a useless a-pawn while their king is under furious attack over on the kingside. For a person who wrote a book on business strategy based on chess principles Garry sure doesn't seem to apply what he wrote.
                Vlad, you will not like what you'll read below, however you are a big boy and have already declared that you'll take all the heat and resign as a President if needed.

This message is addressed also to the CFC's executives.

Undoubtedly you, Vlad, in spite of being a capable administrator, are the worst thing ever happened to Canadian Chess. You provoked me (and possibly Sid Belzberg) to the aggressive style of communications pretending that at first you were leaning to GK, but needed to gather more info, etc. while at that point knew very well what you needed to achieve: the endorsement of KI. And in a view that majority of people here were clearly pro-GK, you were appealing to them that look how GK's people aggressive, disrespectful, etc. And it was all going on while USCF's Directors voted 7-0 in support of GK! British Chess Federation endorsed GK and submitted reasons why. And you've never disclosed the reasons for CFC endorsing KI in spite of several requests to do so.

You singlehandedly steered CFC to endorse KI for a mythical $80,000.00 FIDE's (or KI) handout! In spite of the fact that majority of people here, as well as VM were against it. By doing that you've derailed attractive opportunities to be associated with GK, Sid Belzberg, USCF, Ukrainian Chess Federation - instead your choice is to be associated with thugs! In spite of all the evidence that Putin and his friends are the biggest enemies of the free World, Canada included. Now its obvious that the $80,000.00 will never materialize: if KI is losing - you might as well forget about it. If he wins - I don't see how FIDE could pay CFC this funds without doing the same to the other federations. Plus there are several federations who were promised in the past all kind of goods never to be delivered.

You've demonstrated enormous tenacity to get there in spite of losing all polls, in fact what you've done is getting Executives' vote while still debating it with several VM - and only one supporting you. Also you were advised to publicly disclose the "deal" - and you've refused. Sure enough that without any supporting documentation it is nothing, but dream. Or a terrible word starting with a B?

In any case you are wise to revoke KI's endorsement and we'll try to built bridges to GK's campaign. They are long term CFC wants to be associated with. Regardless who'll become FIDE's President. You have to act quickly, and I'm sure other executives will support you.

The alternative - everything will be disclosed in details. The deadline of noon August 1st 2014 EDT stands.

Kind regards,
                Sasha Starr.
                Last edited by Sasha Starr; Tuesday, 29th July, 2014, 11:30 AM.

Comment

You don't know anything about the 2013 KCF numbers so again just baseless speculation. No reason why the CFC could not be bigger but you drive away significant sponsors other then what Kirsan can embezzle from FIDE on the CFC 's behalf in return for endorsing him. You speculate about Nigel's motives but have no refutation to his scathing article about Kirsan.

You really are bizarre, Victor Kapustin is the president of the Ukraine Chess Federation and would very much like to hear from the CFC as per the letter. You are really good at disgracing the CFC in front of the whole world and alienating great potential allies.
                  The phone call you refer to was before I made it very clear that our help was not predicated on who wins. As usual you twist the truth.

As I said before it is all irrelevant as you got your way as far as voting for the thug is concerned . I have no doubt that with the help of the Russian Government Kirsan will win the election with his many dirty tricks including his CFC performance with Hal Bond. i am not worried, evil does not stand forever and for sure your behavior won't either.
                  Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Tuesday, 29th July, 2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I would not be so sure about Russian Governments' abilities regarding all the recent developments...

Comment

The EU has adopted new economic sanctions against Russia over the conflict in Ukraine, targeting the oil sector, defence equipment and sensitive technologies, EU sources say.

Russian state banks' access to capital is also likely to be restricted.

The aim is to increase the cost to Russia of its continued support for pro-Moscow rebels in eastern Ukraine.

Moscow denies charges by the EU and US that it is supplying heavy weapons to the rebels.

US Secretary of State John Kerry said Washington was also preparing further sanctions against Russia.

Details of the EU move - agreed by the 28 member states' ambassadors - are still coming in.

The full sanctions statement is expected on Wednesday, when the EU is also set to name more Russian officials facing asset freezes and travel bans in Europe.

Comment

Vlad, you will not like what you'll read below, however you are a big boy and have already declared that you'll take all the heat and resign as a President if needed.

This message is addressed also to the CFC's executives.
                        If it is directed to the executive you should probably address them and not me.

Undoubtedly you, Vlad, in spite of being a capable administrator, are the worst thing ever happened to Canadian Chess.
                        No doubt a few people feel that way, mostly the ones who see the CFC as a club that should cater to a few people who see themselves as the leadership without being willing to do any of the required work. I am a disaster as far as they are concerned.

You provoked me (and possibly Sid Belzberg) to the aggressive style of communications pretending that at first you were leaning to GK, but needed to gather more info, etc. while at that point knew very well what you needed to achieve: the endorsement of KI.
                        And why would I know that I needed to achieve that?

And in a view that majority of people here were clearly pro-GK, you were appealing to them that look how GK's people aggressive, disrespectful, etc.
                        The majority of people here are not pro-Kasparov. The majority of the people here when they come to a big pot of crazy boiling on the stove understandably don't want to stir it.

And it was all going on while USCF's Directors voted 7-0 in support of GK! British Chess Federation endorsed GK and submitted reasons why. And you've never disclosed the reasons for CFC endorsing KI in spite of several requests to do so.
                        I am working on my timetable and timeline and not yours. While the CYCC and Canadian Open were going on I did not wish to pollute the feel good story of Canadian chess with this lunacy that you are spreading. Its not all about Garry all the time. Whatever or whenever I release an official statement the lunacy will start all over again with your bitter recriminations and crying. I have more important matters to attend to including matters of WYCC and the visit of an old chess friend, Jim Daniluk from Calgary who I will be seeing this afternoon.

I have been doing nothing but communicating about the FIDE election for a long period of time so anyone who has been reading can see the CFC executive position.

You singlehandedly steered CFC to endorse KI for a mythical $80,000.00 FIDE's (or KI) handout!
                        That was not the deciding factor. It is not a handout. We will have to do some work to pull off eight tournaments over four years to give our young players chances at some titles.

In spite of the fact that majority of people here, as well as VM were against it.
                        You were not even here before this debate. You parachuted in to take on this battle. This useless battle kept you fully occupied. I never had any illusions that the combatants represented the average CFC member or voting member (formerly known as governors). I really am not going to fully explain myself on this because I know that there may be a smart person or two among your people and I see no good reason to give you any insight into my full thought processes. Probably Vlad Dobrich might be familiar with the concept from Musashi of holding down a pillow. This is what happened to you.

By doing that you've derailed attractive opportunities to be associated with GK, Sid Belzberg, USCF, Ukrainian Chess Federation - instead your choice is to be associated with thugs! In spite of all the evidence that Putin and his friends are the biggest enemies of the free World, Canada included.
                        We are fine with the USCF. Perhaps if you and the GK camp had allowed the process to continue they might have persuaded us to their point of view but there was little use in talking to them further until we resolved the question with the then governors of whether the coup would succeed to wrest the decision away from the executive.

Now its obvious that the $80,000.00 will never materialize: if KI is losing - you might as well forget about it.
                        You are doing your best to make sure it doesn't materialize but I don't believe you will be successful.

If he wins - I don't see how FIDE could pay CFC this funds without doing the same to the other federations. Plus there are several federations who were promised in the past all kind of goods never to be delivered.
                        My information is different.

You've demonstrated enormous tenacity to get there in spite of losing all polls,
                        I have lost every poll that didn't count and won every one that did count. You should reflect on that.

in fact what you've done is getting Executives' vote while still debating it with several VM - and only one supporting you.
                        I don't know where you get your information. It bears little resemblance to reality.

Also you were advised to publicly disclose the "deal" - and you've refused. Sure enough that without any supporting documentation it is nothing, but dream. Or a terrible word starting with a B?

In any case you are wise to revoke KI's endorsement and we'll try to built bridges to GK's campaign. They are long term CFC wants to be associated with. Regardless who'll become FIDE's President. You have to act quickly, and I'm sure other executives will support you.

The alternative - everything will be disclosed in details. The deadline of noon August 1st 2014 EDT stands.

Kind regards,
                        Sasha Starr.
                        Very very frightening. Mama mia.

Gotta go. Jim Daniluk is here.

Comment

Undoubtedly you, Vlad, in spite of being a capable administrator, are the worst thing ever happened to Canadian Chess. You provoked me (and possibly Sid Belzberg) to the aggressive style of communications ...
                          Classic abuser line... you provoked me, that's why I attacked you.

See, Vlad, it's all your fault.

Comment

Vlad, please provide the CFC's and your own legal counsel's information.

Comment

Gosh darn. Sasha's been rummaging in his closet and found a sabre. Let the rattling begin!!

Steve

Comment

If you are serious you should know enough to contact the CFC and Vlad by e-mail, phone, or mail for this information.

Comment

Working...
                                X