Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinara Saduakassova

Originally posted by Ken Kurkowski View Post
    University education can still create many opportunities, but not as often as before. Many graduates find they need to get further practical education (i.e. Community College) to make them more employable.
    I don't think a Yale graduate will face those kinds of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Kurkowski View Post
      University education can still create many opportunities, but not as often as before. Many graduates find they need to get further practical education (i.e. Community College) to make them more employable.
      In other words, the employers don't care much if at all, that their employees are universities educated! Perhaps, except some isolated cases. In general, they need skilled ones to be able to function on a such and such position.

Comment

By the way, I think WGM Qin, Kanying is in montreal now, but she is not playing in tournaments and her Federation is still with China. Although, she is teaching young players with her husband GM Peng, Xiaomin, former chinese champion. IM Sofia Polgar lived in Toronto for a while, but she wasn't active too.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar Posylek View Post
          In other words, the employers don't care much if at all, that their employees are universities educated! Perhaps, except some isolated cases. In general, they need skilled ones to be able to function on a such and such position.
          Hi Caesar:

I agree that employers, where specific trade-type skills are required, look for that community college degree. And they may overlook the lack of a university degree (though those that have both, obviously have a leg up). Very common now for many to go to university (to learn how to think critically), and then to community college (to get a job).

True, the university degree does NOT guarantee a job anymore. But for many jobs still, you can almost be 100% guaranteed.... without the degree, you will not get an interview (simply too much competition...no time to see if a non-university applicant is a diamond in the rough.

Bob A

Comment

[QUOTE=Jack Maguire;84728]Dinara Saduakassova was the #3 ranked U18 female in the world prior to this Spanish tournament. Given she was only 3 FIDE points behind the #2, she's almost assuredly #2 come August. Dinara is also playing top board for the Kazakhstan Olympiad team in Tromso.

Zhansaya Abdumalik, by far the strongest U14 female on the planet (by 168 FIDE points!), will play the #2 board in Tromso. Kazakhstan also boast the #2 ranked U10 in the world, Bibissara Assaubayeva, but she's not playing in Tromso (:

Here's a gulfnews.com feature on Bibissara Assaubayeva which I can update by saying she did indeed win her Open Section with 8/9 (7 wins and 2 draws) and will now go catapulting into 2,000+ FIDE status. Not bad for someone born in 2004 (:

http://gulfnews.com/sport/other-spor...-top-1.1377403

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Maguire View Post
              I wonder how soon we'll see a single Canadian on any of the following top ten lists? There are 11 Americans.

http://www.chess-teaching.com/world_youth_tops.php

A: Qiyu Zhou is #9.

http://ratings.fide.com/card.phtml?event=505161

Comment

Working...
              X