This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kasparov, neo-con but also a limousine liberal

"and could not, in any case, get himself elected dog-catcher in that country."
    This phrase was originally coined by Vladimir Posner. He was a well known commentator for the Soviets. I have lost count of how many times you have posted this phrase in these forums. At least use original words instead of bleating others peoples words. Nata asked you a simple question several times, have you ever been to Russia, do you even speak Russian? Well what about it?
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 13th September, 2014, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      ... Nata asked you a simple question several times, have you ever been to Russia, do you even speak Russian? Well what about it?
      Nigel doesn't seem to like answering questions when they're aimed directly at the foundations of his opinions or his credibility. :) A few months ago, one of his favourite targets was "the obsequious corporate media." I asked him to name the Canadian news organizations that were, in his opinion, part of the 'OCM', and why. Never heard a thing from him.
      Last edited by Peter McKillop; Saturday, 13th September, 2014, 10:35 AM.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Since it's question time.

Was Kirsan next?

Now I'll tell you whose next. After the next federal election Trudeau will be the Prime Minister. It's not yet carved in stone but close.
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Re: Can the neo-conservative change his spots?

Good post, Paul. :)
          "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
          "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
          "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
            "and could not, in any case, get himself elected dog-catcher in that country."
            This phrase was originally coined by Vladimir Posner.
            lol. Show us a link then. I actually thought I was quoting Mark Twain.
            Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Re: Kasparov, neo-con, limousine liberal, ...

He's asking reasonable questions. Have you ever been to Russia? Do you speak Russian?

Like chess. Three possible results, Yes, No or Maybe. ;)
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../21/le.01.html

"KASPAROV: Yes, the election -- presidential election is next March. But as in America you have problems for third-party candidates to be registered. In Russia, we have the same problems with a second- party candidate.

So that's why for us it is very important to be part of the game, and to make sure that the Kremlin cannot stage elections and present it to the world as something democratic.

BLITZER: A former Soviet spokesman, Vladimir Posner, a Russian television host, said this on "60 Minutes" the other day, he said: "Everyone knows that he was a great chess player, but today they know him as a fringe, as they would say, political figure, and he could not be elected dog catcher."

Those are pretty strong words from Posner.

KASPAROV: These are absolutely very strong words. Mr. Posner had to add that if I could have a chance to be on TV programs like his, in two or three weeks the situation would change completely."

The expression has been around for a long time, however, Posner started it with respect to Garry. Like almost everything else I have seen you post it is unoriginal and unimaginative.
                Well were you ever in Russia and do you speak Russian? I would bet that the answer is no to both these questions as it clear that you don't know the first thing about Russia.
                Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 13th September, 2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Edited due to a personal attack.
                  Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 01:58 PM.

Comment

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a.../dog_race.html

So then, how would you cope with -

24. Rxd4!!

Just asking....
                    :o

Comment

Post deleted.
                      Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

You should go to Russia and see what is disrespectful. Why I ask about did you go to Russia, first of all sound like Russian television? Second, don’t you think that person (Kasparov) who lives in Russia knows better about the government and its sins? Going against government in Russia right now it’s like signing death sentence for yourself.
                        Right more about Kasparov and Russian government, but just ask yourself, why people emigrate from such great country to such bad country like USA.
                        Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:36 PM.
                        Nata Navodylo

Comment

Deleted due to personal attack.
                          Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Post deleted.
                            Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Ruben View Post
                              He's asking reasonable questions. Have you ever been to Russia? Do you speak Russian?
                              I started this thread to expose the odious political views of Garry Kasparov and to see if the leopard could change his spots, etc. It's not a thread about me, and I'm not required to answer questions from the Kasparov fans. That is simply a strategy to derail the thread, turn it into a flame war, and silence the author (me).

It's amusing to be lectured about freedom by people who seem to want to silence me and restrict my freedom.
                              Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Very respectful

I started this thread to expose the odious political views of Garry Kasparov and to see if the leopard could change his spots, etc. It's not a thread about me, and I'm not required to answer questions from the Kasparov fans. That is simply a strategy to derail the thread, turn it into a flame war, and silence the author (me).

It's amusing to be lectured about freedom by people who seem to want to silence me and restrict my freedom.
                                It’s very respectful calling people zombie, names etc. You can write again to moderator showing that I’m disrespectful. Sound like any ad’s of political party that is guilty and just make look oppositions guilty.
                                Last edited by Brian Profit; Sunday, 14th September, 2014, 07:31 PM.
                                Nata Navodylo

Comment

Working...
                                X