Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "USCF & Internet Chess Club Join Forces to Provide Online Rated Chess"

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    I never turn down a volunteer. I hereby delegate this task to you. I probably won't be able to put significant energy into it for a week or so. I spent all of yesterday sitting down answering emails aside from the two chess lessons that I gave at the library. Thank you for volunteering!
    Great. I will get started. We've got a tournament up here, LakeCityChess. Talk to you in a week or so.

Comment

As I mentioned on the other thread on this topic, the rating regulations allow for internet chess and there have been a couple of CFC rated events that included remote players. However, there must be a TD present at each remote location. A challenge when mixing on site and remote players is chess clock management.
      I certainly do support Scott's idea. For example this would be a perfect medium for a club match between say Victoria and Windsor.
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
        As I mentioned on the other thread on this topic, the rating regulations allow for internet chess and there have been a couple of CFC rated events that included remote players. However, there must be a TD present at each remote location. A challenge when mixing on site and remote players is chess clock management.
        I certainly do support Scott's idea. For example this would be a perfect medium for a club match between say Victoria and Windsor.
        The four CFC members here could play in the Quebec Open or the Toronto Open better still, both. We'd have our own electronic boards, pay the fee for the boards at the other end, register 6 or 8 weeks prior, we wouldn't expect to be eligible to win any of the prize money but we'd save $16,000 or $17,000 on air travel and hotel. The best part would be the club playing more chess.

5 years ago there was one active player north of the lower mainland. Now there's 4. After our first tournament next week there will be a few more joining the ranks of the CFC. With the opportunity to play remotely here could be a thriving community of chess players in the whole province.

Comment

These guys running the show are not young enough nor wise enough to embrace the modern technology. Maybe if the USCF gets into it and hands them the blueprint things will change. My opinion, of course.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
          X