CFC rated internet chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC rated internet chess

What direction do you think we could be going in?

Being in a chess challenged area of the country, I'm looking at how players can play tournament quality chess, CFC rated and with access regardless of ones location. By access I mean not spending thousands on air flights and hotels.
    The scenario that would be ideal for us would be to play in the Canadian Open from here, 5000 kms away.

Re: CFC rated internet chess

There is a provision for this in the rating regulations provided there is a TD present at each remote playing site. There haven't been a lot of examples but I know that in the 2013 Canadian Armed Forces Championship there were 3 players who participated remotely from London, ON while the live event was held in Quebec City.
    There were some challenges keeping track of time elapsed on the chess clocks.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Re: CFC rated internet chess

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
      There is a provision for this in the rating regulations provided there is a TD present at each remote playing site. There haven't been a lot of examples but I know that in the 2013 Canadian Armed Forces Championship there were 3 players who participated remotely from London, ON while the live event was held in Quebec City.
      There were some challenges keeping track of time elapsed on the chess clocks.
      Hi Paul.

They played against players in the tournament how? Through which server?
      Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X