Spice Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spice Cup

Anyone know the URL of the tournament website?? Susan Polgar's blog has all sorts of info about it
    (even the top few boards results and pairings) but I cannot find the actual website...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Re: Spice Cup

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    Anyone know the URL of the tournament website?? Susan Polgar's blog has all sorts of info about it
    (even the top few boards results and pairings) but I cannot find the actual website...
    http://www.chessdom.com/spice-cup-open-2014-live/ has some stuff, including some 1st round games.

Comment

Probably the blog is the main site, and a compilation of link a Spice site http://www.webster.edu/spice/
      Look who are playing: R2 pairings
      4 Razvan Preotu (2405) Daniel Naroditsky (2601)
      18 Raymond Kaufman (2341) - Hans Jung (2149)

Comment

Thanks Ken and Egid... looks like you just have to wait for links to her blog... seems only the top few boards may be live (that's ok).
        Best of luck to Razvan and Hans! ( I didn't see any other Canadians... )

Comment

Re : Re: Spice Cup

Looks like Razvan is on a tear again. His latest victim >>>> US Grandmaster Daniel Naroditsky 2601 FIDE rating

http://www.2700chess.com/live

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Spice Cup

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
            Looks like Razvan is on a tear again. His latest victim >>>> US Grandmaster Daniel Naroditsky 2601 FIDE rating

http://www.2700chess.com/live

Well done Razvan ! Keep calm and chess on.

Comment

Razvan is playing Le Quang Liem. He has a comfortable position according to my engine.

Comment

Razvan drew a 2700 as Black.

Comment

Looks like Razvan lost in Round 4 to Kayden Troff (who now plays Ray Robson in round 5).
                  Razvan (in a large tie for 10th place) plays IM Chandra in round 5 - good luck!

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: Spice Cup

I tried to send a note to Susan Polgar to complain that a X-table of the tournament is not available nor an advance pairings list - except once the round begins.

My computer messaged me that I could not send email because of some block to outlook.
                    Next got a message supposedly from Microsoft Windows 7 offering to remove problems.
                    OK, looks like a free cleanup service so spent about 15 minutes watching the progress bar at work.
                    Pressed the 'continue' button.
                    Received a menu of options:
                    One time cleanup ..........$20
                    Unlimited cleanup ..........$80

OK, spent so much time already, so sent my credit card info to pay $20
                    Received a message on screen to activate program by calling 1-888 number.
                    Put on hold ...................
                    Gave up waiting.
                    Checked my email to see the charge had been taken from my Master Card.
                    Sent email back: DO NOT activate the service and REIMBURSE my card charge.
                    Also to please deleted my card info from data bank.

Here's hoping!

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: Spice Cup

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                      I tried to send a note to Susan Polgar to complain that a X-table of the tournament is not available nor an advance pairings list - except once the round begins.

My computer messaged me that I could not send email because of some block to outlook.
                      Next got a message supposedly from Microsoft Windows 7 offering to remove problems.
                      OK, looks like a free cleanup service so spent about 15 minutes watching the progress bar at work.
                      Pressed the 'continue' button.
                      Received a menu of options:
                      One time cleanup ..........$20
                      Unlimited cleanup ..........$80

OK, spent so much time already, so sent my credit card info to pay $20
                      Received a message on screen to activate program by calling 1-888 number.
                      Put on hold ...................
                      Gave up waiting.
                      Checked my email to see the charge had been taken from my Master Card.
                      Sent email back: DO NOT activate the service and REIMBURSE my card charge.
                      Also to please deleted my card info from data bank.

Here's hoping!
                      There are many of these fake 'problem cleanup' scams around - some are initiated by telephone calls from "Microsoft" but it is common to also have some malware infect your machine so that the malware can pop up 'problems' that can only be fixed by their pay-for scam... I think you may have the latter. You should watch that Master Card very carefully; in fact, I would call the bank and ask them to cancel the card and issue a new one... if the bank is feeling charitable they might cancel the transaction too.

Comment

The Spice Cup 2104 is (finally?) on chess-results (it may have been there all along, but I am sure I checked there after the first round sometime)

http://chess-results.com/tnr149389.aspx?lan=1

Razvan won his round 5 game ... carry on!!

Comment

I think you may have the latter. You should watch that Master Card very carefully; in fact, I would call the bank and ask them to cancel the cardand issue a new one ... if the bank is feeling charitable they might cancel the transaction too.
                          Just do it what Kerry wrote. It will be cheaper for both - you and the bank than to deal with a scam later.

Comment

21. Nf5!
                            23. Bxb5!

Razvan!

Comment

Razvan won. Another GM norm for this kid?

Comment

Working...
                              X