Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Rating App for Android

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. I made a CFC rating calculator mobile app for fun as a personal project. Totally free, and available on the Google playstore:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.rating&hl=en

Hope people like it, feedback welcome.

Re: CFC Rating App for Android

It gets a bit tricky when players earn bonus points and cross the 2200 boundry during an event and their K factor changes mid-stream. How did you programme the app to handle that?
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for the question! Yeah, that was tricky to handle. Basically, I added two special cases for the calculator to consider after calculating the normal rating (but before bonuses). In the first case, if the player's initial rating is less than 2199, and the new calculated rating is above 2199, then the app takes the difference between the new rating and 2199 and halves it, adding that to 2199 to get the resulting new rating instead. The second case is the reverse - when a player goes from above 2199 to below 2200. In that case, the calculator takes the difference between the new rating and 2200, and subtracts it from the new rating again, thereby doubling the change under 2200. And then after these two cases are handled, the calculator continues on to the bonuses.

Whew - not sure how clear my explanation above is. I think it's actually easier to express in code than in English :)

Comment

Yes I follow you Leon. So far so good.
        Then when it comes to calculating the bonus points for a player crossing 2200, do you use the number of rating points gained before or after the process you describe to determine how many bonus points to award the player.
        The reason I'm asking is that there has been some discussion about the process used by the CFC software and the website rating calculator and I'm curious to see how a reasonable person would interpret the instructions given in the Handbook.
        Paul Leblanc
        Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

The app uses the number of points gained after the process described above when calculating the bonus points for a player crossing 2200.

Comment

Working...
          X