X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

......as per email sent to me >>>>>>

"Gents,

Thanks to Hal for getting me connected with the organizers and organizing the Canadian championships, and to Vlad for arranging all those training sessions at the Unicorn :)

Here is the final cross table from the Pan American 50+ !" >>>>>>

http://chess-results.com/tnr155222.a...flag=30&wi=984
    Regards,
    David
    Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Monday, 22nd December, 2014, 11:13 AM.

Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Congratulations David! Well done.

Comment

Wow - a perfect score and a mitt full of rating points to boot. Not to mention a berth at the World Seniors next year. Great job David!!

Comment

Impressive result (3015 performance)! I wonder why only three players from outside of Brazil showed up...

Comment

The PanAm 65+ was won by Walter Browne - the only non-Brazilian in that event.

Comment

Great performance David.

Comment

Congratulations David!

Comment

Re : Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                Impressive result (3015 performance)! I wonder why only three players from outside of Brazil showed up...
                Excellent performance, though it was, it was a 'mere' 2615 and not 3015 as given by Chess Results. Performance ratings in a 100% result should be 400 points above the opponent average - not the 800 as given in the Chess Results formula. Whoever created the program made a finger slip.
                But as I say, Excellent performance David - stay with the Saturday Rapid to keep your game sharp!

Comment

Re: Re : Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                  Excellent performance, though it was, it was a 'mere' 2615 and not 3015 as given by Chess Results. Performance ratings in a 100% result should be 400 points above the opponent average - not the 800 as given in the Chess Results formula. Whoever created the program made a finger slip.
                  But as I say, Excellent performance David - stay with the Saturday Rapid to keep your game sharp!
                  I agree that 100% results shouldn't be an automatic 800 points above your opponents in terms of performance.

But 100% results are always a little fuzzy.

What if a guy rated 2600 wins 9 games against a bunch of 1200s. And obviously, he'll win convincingly. His performance rating should be 1600?

Comment

Re : Re: Re : Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
                    I agree that 100% results shouldn't be an automatic 800 points above your opponents in terms of performance.

But 100% results are always a little fuzzy.

What if a guy rated 2600 wins 9 games against a bunch of 1200s. And obviously, he'll win convincingly. His performance rating should be 1600?
                    Why would a 2600 player be playing nine games against as many 1200 players??

Comment

Re: Re : Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
                      Correct. 9/9 against players all rated 1200, performance rating = 1600.
                      and, 0/9 against players all rated 1200, performance rating = 800.

Your own rating is not part of the equation.

Comment

Re: Re : Re: Re : Re: David Cummings wins Pan-Am Seniors Championship

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                        Why would a 2600 player be playing nine games against as many 1200 players??
                        Because it's the Timbuktu Open and they invited a GM?

Comment

Working...
                        X