Major Shakeup at the CFC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Shakeup at the CFC?

Is it true that all of the staff were axed?
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Re: Major Shakeup at the CFC?

All I know is, Bob Armstrong is fulminating on the CFC board, and a routine email I sent to the office hasn't been answered.

Chinese curse: May you live in interesting times.

Comment

Good question, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
        Is it true that all of the staff were axed?
        Oh, YUMMIE! I can hardly wait to see who's NEXT!!!
        Gary Ruben
        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Sure when your ship is taking on water, get rid of those bailing out the water, no bailers no problem. Right?

Comment

Interesting. Is this all in aide of giving someone a contract that was denied one earlier? Chess is such a simple and pure game compared to chess politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
              Interesting. Is this all in aide of giving someone a contract that was denied one earlier? Chess is such a simple and pure game compared to chess politics.
              I'm sure I don't know to what you refer.

Are the applications for FIDE titles up to date? Answer us that one. Gary wants to know. You see, a man asked about his daughters WIM title and asked if it had been applied for yet. She had been emailing and replies had stopped coming. He was told it was on a "to do" list.
              Gary Ruben
              CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I'm still waiting for the survey of members that David Lavin promised to undertake during his brief campaign for the presidency. In partial fairness to Lavin, I think the job has been cursed.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

NJF4Prez nuff said.
                  everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

@Gary, I'm sure you are right - you don't know
                    that's how you judge the entire staff, based on one FIDE application? when was the application made? how long does it take for FIDE to process it? I don't see any concrete proof from you that there was an unusual delay - names please and timelines, was it a day, a week, a month, a year? I know people are eager to get shiny new titles but does it need to happen overnight? will Fide rush it through express like when they get it - oh an application from Canada, lets drop everything and get this through immediately if not sooner

@Ben

ny1els4prez

Comment

NJF is starting to look like an intriguing option.

Comment

Zeljko, it just goes to show. Never leave home without your union representative.

I don't judge the staff at all. It appears the boss did that.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Ken, if you really think that you've probably been a governor too long. :)
                          Gary Ruben
                          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

I said "intriguing" Gary.

Comment

@Gary

union stewards are already embeded in the workplace

better to not leave home without your American Express card

Comment

Working...
                              X