Protocol for announcing CFC online meetings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protocol for announcing CFC online meetings?

Since no one has responded to my posting on the CFC site, I will try here.

What is the protocol for announcing an online CFC meeting? At least one Quebec voting member says he has never been personally notified of upcoming meetings - he doesn't spend all day reading the news on chess sites. :-)

Re: Protocol for announcing CFC online meetings?

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

What is the protocol for announcing an online CFC meeting? At least one Quebec voting member says he has never been personally notified of upcoming meetings - he doesn't spend all day reading the news on chess sites. :-)
    Hugh, voting members are notified of online meetings by email from CFC President or CFC Secretary. They receive an agenda and invited to suggest items to add. If, for any reason, someone has been missed by email, notification and agenda can be found on the voting members private discussion board.

Comment

I received official notice of the meeting by email on January 11. Vlad sent out the notice. I counted 50 people on the email list.

Comment

Were the 3 Quebec governors (Dumont, Bérubé, Labadie) on that email list? I want to be sure that they were notified "officially".

Comment

Yes, we are all three in the mailing list which was used for the last meeting and the current meeting (no BCC was used for the emails so we can see who was contacted).
          Richard is usually able to participate in the assembly, but from what I recall he was on vacation and had no internet connection during most of the last assembly, although I called him to discuss the different propositons.

Comment

Felix - you were the only Quebec "voting member" who participated in the last two meetings. I want to be sure Richard and Bernard take part this time - otherwise, why were they appointed voting members if they won't participate in the democratic process?

Comment

As I said, I don't think Richard could attend the last meeting, but both Richard and I attended the annual meeting : http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...hlight=richard
              He might have forgot or abstained from certain votes. We discussed last week about the upcoming assembly and there's no doubt he will attend again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

Details of the agenda are posted on the CFC voting members forum, CFC News and usually Chesstalk. An email is sent three weeks before the meeting to the voting members that are on the list of emails provided by the secretary. This is usually preceded by some posts on the voting members forum, CFC news and Chesstalk asking for any proposed motions or business to be submitted for the voting members consideration. If the voting member provided a valid email address then he or she should have been notified at least once and this time twice because of a corrected omission in the original email.

Comment

Working...
                X