Chess Talk still not quite right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Talk still not quite right

Not right for me, anyway. As you can see (assuming this is posted), I can get to the site, but only thru a half-assed process of getting 404-ed and going thru a back door.

Is it just me?

Re: Chess Talk still not quite right

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    Not right for me, anyway. As you can see (assuming this is posted), I can get to the site, but only thru a half-assed process of getting 404-ed and going thru a back door.

Is it just me?
    No it's not just you! And nobody seems to want to post until it's sorted out.....wise move!
    Fred Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post

Is it just me?
      Still this way today (Monday 23 March 2015), so it isn't just you...
      Fred's reply (elsewhere in thread) indicates that perhaps this is scaring people away but not everyone is scared to post...
      Off hand, I wouldn't think there is much danger of losing any posts but I do not know anything about the problem.
      I expect this post to make it (just like Vlad's posts and Hans' posts made it)
      Last edited by Kerry Liles; Monday, 23rd March, 2015, 03:14 PM. Reason: had to change reference to Fred's post since it was UP the thread from my reply...
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I got in but can only access this thread. Seems the problem is not yet fixed. BTW, Aris Marghetis asked me to post that the CYCC Qualifier for Ottawa will be Easter Monday at the Walter Baker Centre in Barrhaven. Not that anyone is likely to see this message. ;)
        "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Chess Talk still not quite right

Monday, March 23, 2015 at 5:11 p.m.

I have been able to slip in through the back door. The forum is like a huge empty building with only a few of us walking around. There is Vlad and Tom and Hans and Francis and Kerry....

There is the knockout in the Women’s World Championship going on, Jon Stewart speaking on buying chess nerds &c and no one is commenting here.

Larry Bevand and Hugh Brodie have been on

http://www.chesscanada.info/forum

but there is no real information as to what has happened and when Chess Talk will be fixed.

Jack Maguire and Andy Shaw where are you? We are running low on supplies in this vast hugeness and need help right away!
          Last edited by Wayne Komer; Monday, 23rd March, 2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I have little problem in access - I just click on the seated chessplayers icon on the masthead and then I see the options for the
            English or French boards.

Then below that is current status >>>>>>
            "There are currently 34 users online. 4 members and 30 guests"
            ...... which bespeaks another problem with ChessTallk, namely guests are unable to register as members and thus unable to open attachments or post comments.
            Earlier today, I was the only member among 39 guests !

I am currently exploring (with help from Kerry Liles) the option of starting a blog for posting information and with dialog.
            But fixing ChessTalk would be better.
            Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Monday, 23rd March, 2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Yeah, feels like working over Christmas break; so deserted. The first few days I was getting 404-ed, it appeared to me that others were not. It gives me quiet pleasure to see that I am no longer alone in this regard :)

Comment

I imagine that most peoples virus protection is warning them off the site until it is fixed....just saying!
                Fred Harvey

Comment

Looks like a lot of us are still out here viewing, but it's such a hassle to get in (looks like the main page is the only one down) that no-one is commenting. It would be nice if the Admin of this site posted an update.
                  Most importantly, I feel Eric Hansen did Canada very proud with his play at the Reykjavik Open!

Comment

Hopefully I will have news later today.

At this point all I can say is that our staff has been trying to figure out how to get us back to normal for almost a week now. In the old days, I had Yves Casaubon...he would work 24/7 until the problem was solved...alas Yves passed away in 1979 and things have never been the same since. :(

Comment

And.....we're back!

Christian Lacasse, our tech wiz, got it up,
                      and promises a stabler environment:)

Francis

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post
                        And.....we're back!

Christian Lacasse, our tech wiz, got it up,
                        and promises a stabler environment:)