2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list at 66

66 and counting. Don't forget that the pre-registered rate is only in effect until midnight May 13. Rooms at the Quality Inn are getting scarce, so if you want the special rate, don't delay too much longer.

Comment

Re: 2015 Ontario Open pre-registered list

We have reached 70. Once we get to 100, there will be approx. $5500 in the prize fund. 120 gives approx. $7500 and our target of 150 will give in the neighbourhood of $9500-$10,000. Let's make it happen!
      At midnight eastern, Wednesday May 13, registration goes $100 for adult and $90 for Jr/Sr.

Comment

I have updated the CFC ratings for all the players and there has been some movement in a couple of the sections. Keith Wight has moved up into the Open section. Austin Xie has moved up into the U1600 section. As well, Zack Dinatolo is no longer playing up! We are now at 71.

http://www.brantchess.ca/2015ontarioopen/entries.html

Comment

I would greatly appreciate anyone willing to share accommodations on Saturday and/or Sunday night.
          Also, I am travelling from Perth, Ontario very early Saturday morning if anyone needs a lift along the way.
          Thank-you very much ... sincerely, Billy C.

Comment

Hi Billy I sent you a private message.
            John Brown

Comment

Will the organizers be deducting Carbon Score sheets from the prize fund so Hugh can get his games for the data bases.

Comment

Re: Playing up one section

Originally posted by Rob Gashgarian View Post
                We want to mention that to play up a section, we will accept the higher of all the recognized ratings i.e. CFC, FQE, FIDE and USCF.
                That highest rating will still need to be within 100 points of the rating floor for that section.
                A $20 dollar fee will apply.
                My USCF rating is 2046. My CFC rating was about the same before I had a weak weekly tournament against the Windsor kids last month.

Comment

Hi Vlad,

You will not be charged the playing up fee as when you entered, your CFC rating was above 2000.

Comment

I wish to apologize to the organizers of the Ontario Open. Your tournament should be the focus of the Ontario Chess World, as it is coming this weekend. I am looking forward to playing and seeing my friends there.

Maybe I should take notes, as it seems that I don't know what I'm doing as a TD, according to some on here.

John Erickson
                    See you Saturday for Round 1

Comment

Hey John!

Relax dude. What you do in Niagara is great. Do not let them bug you. Your hard work is appreciated by those who play in your tournament each year. Please keep up the great work! See you in Brantford!

Comment

Update as of 1:30pm today: 99 and still coming in (we are the home of Wayne Gretzky, after all) :)

Note that as of midnight tonight, the entry fees will go up $10 to $100 for adult and $90 Jr/Sr.

Note for everyone entered and/or entering:
                        Even if you are pre-registered, we need all entrants to have signed in on the morning of the event. As stated on the website and the flyers, we won't guarantee a first round pairing if you haven't paid by 9:30am May 16.
                        ***cash only on site***

We will have a short opening ceremony before the first round and are doing our best to begin at 10am. Please help us by registering on site between 8am and 9:30am. If you've pre-registered, please check below to be sure your information is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                          Will the organizers be deducting Carbon Score sheets from the prize fund so Hugh can get his games for the data bases.
                          You know, Hugh has been volunteering this database collection service for a very long time.
                          I don't see volunteer dumping on volunteer as having any particular value; it is reasonable for him to ask organizers to try to collect score sheets. If an organizer is unable to do so (with or without an explanation) I am sure he has to deal with the result either way. Time to put this to rest.
                          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Will Wayne Gretzky himself be coming? After all he is a chessplayer. (you could ask Walter.....)

Comment

Working...
                            X