Niagara Falls Open 2015 Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls Open 2015 Standings

The Niagara Falls Open has completed 3 rounds and it is represented by players from 3 countries: Canada, USA and Cuba.

Razvan Preotu, Roman Sapozhnikov and Lee Hendon are tied for first with 3 points. There are 5 players at 2.5.

Round 4 starts at 10 am and may the best man/woman win.

John Erickson
    TD

Niagara Falls Open 2015 Standings

Originally posted by John Erickson View Post
    The Niagara Falls Open has completed 3 rounds and it is represented by players from 3 countries: Canada, USA and Cuba.

Razvan Preotu, Roman Sapozhnikov and Lee Hendon are tied for first with 3 points. There are 5 players at 2.5.

Round 4 starts at 10 am and may the best man/woman win.

John Erickson
    TD
    Did I miss a final X-Table or is it coming?

Thanks!

Comment

Re: Niagara Falls Open 2015 Standings

No Ken you did not miss it.
      If John Erickson has Time he may post them but results should be on CFC site By Friday if They have time as well.

Comment

Hi to all chess fans:

I, John Erickson will post a final recap later this week. I had knee surgery on Tuesday. I am in pain and this is tough for me to do. Razvan Preotu finished first with a perfect 5-0 score.

John Erickson
        TD

Comment

Hi to all chess fans:

I, John Erickson will post a final recap later this week. I had knee surgery on Tuesday. I am in pain and this is tough for me to do. Razvan Preotu finished first with a perfect 5-0 score.

John Erickson
          TD
          Hello John

Welcome to the club of knee surgery
          One question were you awake or asleep when they did it!
          Normally they give you a choice to watch it, however my surgeon didn't
          which total sucked would have liked to been awake lol

Comment

Congratulations Razvan. Another good result.

Comment

Hi to all chess fans:

John Erickson
              TD
              Long overdue for that week. Can you please post the crosstable?!

Comment

Mark;
                You can go to CFC website ad click on cross tables to see final results. They are all posted now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Biong View Post
                  Long overdue for that week. Can you please post the crosstable?!
                  The crosstable WAS up on the CFC website last week (I looked on Wednesday), but the rating website seems to be down again... As a general rule, you can find crosstables on the CFC website within a week or two of the event, assuming the organizer is prompt in sending the results to the CFC (which John obviously was).

Comment

Originally posted by Walter De Jong View Post
                    The crosstable WAS up on the CFC website last week (I looked on Wednesday), but the rating website seems to be down again... As a general rule, you can find crosstables on the CFC website within a week or two of the event, assuming the organizer is prompt in sending the results to the CFC (which John obviously was).
                    I don't go to check the CFC website anymore since I quit playing chess tournaments. I frequently check updates on chesstalk.com as much as I could. I am not the only one who nags tournament results after the tournament is over. It should be a commitment to chess organizers to update tournament results as soon as possible because I knew from a friend of mine that it does not take even minutes to copy and paste tournament results in this forum unless you are not using a pairing software.

Comment

The direct link to Niagara Open results:
                      http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...97a45586997a57
                      or this
                      http://chess.ca/crosstable?tournamen...mber=201504116
                      Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Wednesday, 6th May, 2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Biong View Post
                        I don't go to check the CFC website anymore since I quit playing chess tournaments. I frequently check updates on chesstalk.com as much as I could. I am not the only one who nags tournament results after the tournament is over. It should be a commitment to chess organizers to update tournament results as soon as possible because I knew from a friend of mine that it does not take even minutes to copy and paste tournament results in this forum unless you are not using a pairing software.
                        Mark I have discovered that chess players demand too much on organizers. We are not obligated to post anything on chess talk. Those who do, do it because they want to.
                        John should have labeled this post "early leaders after 3 Rounds." If you gave up playing chess then why not come out to Niagara Falls next year and start playing again.
                        Last edited by John Brown; Wednesday, 6th May, 2015, 09:11 PM. Reason: error typing

Comment

While on the topic of nagging organizers, why are so few posting any games from their events? for instance, lots of people would like to see the IM's games from this event.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                            I have discovered that chess players demand too much on organizers...
                            I disagree, partly because no one ever demands anything from me. I always report round results the same day, but usually leave the crosstables until the CFC ratings are done. I don't report results on Chesstalk, because only local players are interested in my events.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                              Mark I have discovered that chess players demand too much on organizers. .....
                              Posting a crosstable promptly (one day or at most two days after, the same day as the end of the tournament is even better) along with prizewinners is not demanding too much of an organizer.

Comment

Working...
                              X