CFC ratings this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC ratings this week

I am fighting a nasty cold this week, so productivity is low.
    Still lots of tournaments and memberships to process before the weekly update.

I am working towards an update early this evening.

After that,
    the next issue of the newsletter is ready to go. (some tonight, some tomorrow)

After that,
    update the CYCC qualified kids list (friday afternoon?)

Re: CFC ratings this week

Sorry folks, it's looking more like friday morning for the update. :(

Comment

I have the same Niagara Falls virus.
      The website won't let me check ratings. Does anyone else have the same problem?
      Paul Leblanc
      Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
        Yes.

Both this Wednesday and last CFC site has basically crashed: can't check the ratings and the Newsfeed just returns a drupal error.
        Apparently it requires a restart to the SQL server, and that has to be done by the ISP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Leblanc View Post
          Currently, I'm only able to look up ratings using membership numbers. Not everyone's seems to work, though mine does.

Comment

The ratings are finally done, and the website is working again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              The ratings are finally done, and the website is working again.
              The CFC website is down again today. I shall refrain from profanity but I am really tempted. Are they doing this on purpose to get rid of us quicker?

Comment

Is it possible to set up a mirror site with just the ratings database? I don't know how much space would be needed, but the ratings are just text, no graphics. And not a lot of traffic, I should think, compared with commercial sites.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                  Is it possible to set up a mirror site with just the ratings database? I don't know how much space would be needed, but the ratings are just text, no graphics. And not a lot of traffic, I should think, compared with commercial sites.
                  That's an excellent idea.... assuming all that's needed is a place to post the MDE file, and I don't know if that assumption is true.

If it is true, and all we need is a viable link that TDs can access on Friday mornings, I'll suggest to Bob G that he emails me the MDE and I will post it on a site that is ALWAYS up.

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                    That's an excellent idea.... assuming all that's needed is a place to post the MDE file, and I don't know if that assumption is true.

If it is true, and all we need is a viable link that TDs can access on Friday mornings, I'll suggest to Bob G that he emails me the MDE and I will post it on a site that is ALWAYS up.
                    Thanks John. The file is on the way.
                    The file is large, and I have discovered most email account won't handle it.
                    I tried loading it up to the Milton website, but it would not handle it. <groan>

Best of luck. :)

Comment

Thanks John. The file is on the way.
                      The file is large, and I have discovered most email account won't handle it.
                      I tried loading it up to the Milton website, but it would not handle it. <groan>

Best of luck. :)
                      You may consider creating a Dropbox account (free 2Gig Space)
                      and sent the link to John.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand Supsup View Post
                        You may consider creating a Dropbox account (free 2Gig Space)
                        and sent the link to John.
                        Thanks Ferdinand, an excellent idea.
                        That was already on my "try this next" idea list.

I use dropbox now, and do share folders with a couple of friends.
                        If an organizer has dropbox, let me know, we can bypass the website altogether.

Comment

I have uploaded the MDE (Dated 08-05-2015) to the RACC website. You can DL it with this link:

http://ottawarachessclub.pbworks.com...-05-15.mde.zip

Comment

Originally posted by John Upper View Post
                            I have uploaded the MDE (Dated 08-05-2015) to the RACC website. You can DL it with this link:

http://ottawarachessclub.pbworks.com...-05-15.mde.zip
                            Thank you John. The assist is much appreciated. I have already forwarded the link to one organizer in Calgary this morning.
                            We will continue efforts to get the CFC website more stable.

Comment

After that,
                              the next issue of the newsletter is ready to go. (some tonight, some tomorrow)
                              Has the newsletter been sent out?

Comment

Working...
                              X