X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Rating App

Now available as a website.

www.mychessrating.ca

Same as the android app I made last year.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...pp-for-Android

Feedback/suggestions welcome.

Re: CFC Rating App

Hi Leon. Thank you for doing this. Is your website identical to the version done for the CFC website by Chris Mallon a couple of years ago?
    I had a few people contact me because the new rating they calculated for themselves or their kids did not match the results published by the CFC. Chris' version handles most cases correctly but I suspect there is a glitch when players cross the 2200 level during an event (either going up or down in rating) and the calculation forgets to change the k factor for that portion of rating gains or losses above or below 2200. I mentioned this to Chris a couple of times but never heard back.
    Paul Leblanc
    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Perelman View Post
      Now available as a website.

www.mychessrating.ca

Same as the android app I made last year.

http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/show...pp-for-Android

Feedback/suggestions welcome.
      If I go to the link you provided (www.mychessrating.ca) all I seem to get is an endless rotating small circle, but if I go directly to:

http://invoiceontime.com/chessratingapp/

it runs the rating app properly...

just FYI
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        If I go to the link you provided (www.mychessrating.ca) all I seem to get is an endless rotating small circle, but if I go directly to:

http://invoiceontime.com/chessratingapp/

it runs the rating app properly...

just FYI
        Thanks for the feedback Kerry.
        Very interesting - what browser and device did you use?

Comment

Hi Paul, thanks for the feedback.

My site is not related to any other site - I haven't heard of the one you mentioned above.

Regarding the incorrect rating calculations, I would love to debug those cases and fix any issues.
          Would you be able to forward me any of the info users sent you that describe the incorrect results?

Also, I apologize for getting you spammed with emails, my bad. Law of unintended consequences :)

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Perelman View Post
            Thanks for the feedback Kerry.
            Very interesting - what browser and device did you use?
            Well, I tried www.mychessrating.ca at work using Chrome, but there I am behind a corporate proxy that has been known to be brain dead at times.
            I just tried the site here at home (also with Chrome) and it works fine... most likely some redirection problem purely at my office... not to worry.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

2cnts:

After clicking Add Opponent, the cursor should be in the new box to type a name immediately.
              A short cut for Add Opponent would safe time too.
              A performance rating would be helpful.

"After Games" should be at the bottom. After adding more players a little mess starts.

Players with short last names (like Li) don't pop up. Necessary to know the first name (most often more than 3 or 4 letters)
              Players with expired or without CFC memberships are not showed though they are in the CFC database.

Keep improving. Liked the speed it spits names :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
                2cnts:

After clicking Add Opponent, the cursor should be in the new box to type a name immediately.
                A short cut for Add Opponent would safe time too.
                A performance rating would be helpful.

"After Games" should be at the bottom. After adding more players a little mess starts.

Players with short last names (like Li) don't pop up. Necessary to know the first name (most often more than 3 or 4 letters)
                Players with expired or without CFC memberships are not showed though they are in the CFC database.

Keep improving. Liked the speed it spits names :)
                Thanks for the great feedback Egis! I'll do updates to address some of these issues this weekend :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                  Well, I tried www.mychessrating.ca at work using Chrome, but there I am behind a corporate proxy that has been known to be brain dead at times.
                  I just tried the site here at home (also with Chrome) and it works fine... most likely some redirection problem purely at my office... not to worry.
                  Ah, I see. That makes sense now. I have a bit of URL forwarding set up that the proxy must be blocking. Cool.

Comment

Hi Leon. Don't worry, I haven't gotten any e-mails yet about people comparing your formula results to the CFC results. The ones I got were related to the version created by Chris and linked from the CFC website.
                    If I hear any feedback on your website, I'll let you know.
                    Are you able to tell how many people are using your website to calculate their ratings?
                    Paul
                    Paul Leblanc
                    Treasurer Chess Foundation of Canada

Comment

Ah ok, thanks Paul. That makes sense, good to know those were for the other site :)

I am gathering some usage data and statistics for the site. I figured I should let it sit for some time before taking a closer look at the data.

Comment

Working...
                      X