2015 Mississauga Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Mississauga Open

We are at 105 players at 6am Aug 26, 2015 - days before the tournament starts. ( Refer to the list above )

In the Open section, we have IM Kaiqi Yang leading the charge with 14 juniors in a pack of 19 players. We may have our WIM Nava Starr and Sasha Starr in the Open section. We have 8 players coming from Windsor to participate and two of them ( strong juniors ) in the Open section. We have 8 new CFC members playing in this tournament and we are also looking at probably the biggest crowd since Mississauga Open commenced few years ago ( 2 or 3 years ago ). The first year attracted 120 players.

Thank you to all who have registered so far. We will try to make this tournament a successful one for all participants and the parents as well.

Please try to come earlier for registration so that we can all start on time ( to ensure no delay in round 1 and subsequent rounds )

Thanks again

Gary Hua
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Wednesday, 26th August, 2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Gary,

This is the 3rd year for the Mississauga Open

Top Guns 19
      U2000 32
      U1600 59
      Total 110

Top Guns 25
      U2000 28
      U1600 37
      Total 90

It looks like 2015 will be the biggest yet.
      We are now past the early registration period,
      please add $10 for all entries registered starting today.
      Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Wednesday, 26th August, 2015, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Bob,

Did not see anywhere you mentioned about early registration date is yesterday. Double checked your initial post, no such info also.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kamenskiy View Post
          Bob,

Did not see anywhere you mentioned about early registration date is yesterday. Double checked your initial post, no such info also.
          Refer to post number 4 above.

Thanks

Comment

Thanks Gary,

But
            1: do you expect us to read every of the more than 40 posts for this thread while it hides in #4 post?
            2: why not mention it in the #1 post when it states all other rules except this?
            3: why not mention in any other of your many 30 updates posts about the early reg deadline specially 1 or 2 days before it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Gary,

This is the 3rd year for the Mississauga Open

Top Guns 19
              U2000 32
              U1600 59
              Total 110

Top Guns 25
              U2000 28
              U1600 37
              Total 90

It looks like 2015 will be the biggest yet.
              We are now past the early registration period,
              please add $10 for all entries registered starting today.

We have surpassed 110 now and still counting. Thanks to all who have registered. Late entries are in BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kamenskiy View Post
                Thanks Gary,

But
                1: do you expect us to read every of the more than 40 posts for this thread while it hides in #4 post?
                2: why not mention it in the #1 post when it states all other rules except this?
                3: why not mention in any other of your many 30 updates posts about the early reg deadline specially 1 or 2 days before it?
                Agreed with Mark. The organizer should have mentioned the deadline for the early entry few days before that.

Comment

When there is a tournament announcement that has details about the tournament I usually print them out from the first pages.
                  That way I do not miss late registration date information.
                  When players read posts close to a tournament starting it is very likely they have missed any discounts that were available.
                  I'm sure by that time the organizers have far better things to look after.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Song View Post
                    Agreed with Mark. The organizer should have mentioned the deadline for the early entry few days before that.
                    +1
                    It would be nice to have a grace period for players registered today and tomorrow.

Otherwise, it might look like the organizer waited until last minute on the CFC website (Aug 25 10:52 am - http://chess.ca/newsfeed/node/649 ) in order to collect late fees.
                    Of course, I am biased. :)

Comment

We are at 122 players this morning Aug 28, 2015 ( Friday ) 1 day from the tournament begins.

- If your name is missing from the list and you have registered, please e mail to me again as I may have missed them.
                      - Walk-In may not get round 1 pairing
                      - Please try to come in early for registration so that we can start on time. If all players come in at 9am, there will be chaos as there will be more than 100 players rushing in for payment/registration.

Thanks to all who have pre-registered and we will do our best hosting the tournament for your guys.

Gary
                      Last edited by Gary Hua; Friday, 28th August, 2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Looks like a big turnout for tomorrow.
                        We are struggling to find enough clocks.
                        If some good samaritans could bring their clocks, great. Just leave them in the car, if we need them, they are there!

Please arrive early and check in.
                        We will be there starting at 8:30am
                        Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Friday, 28th August, 2015, 08:35 PM.

Comment

can i see the results after round 3?

Comment

Originally posted by William Li View Post
                            can i see the results after round 3?
                            If you go on site you can see them The organizers are too busy to post them on chesstalk. They post 3 times per day before the tournament starts but can't post the standing and pairings after the 3rd round. Hal Bond is running the Guelph tournaments by himself and always post rd. 4 pairings the night before. It's just a copy and paste that takes 1 minute.

Comment

I'm just wondering how many complainers on chess talk actually run and organize tournaments and get everything right every time?

Seems that it is easy to criticize but it is hard to stand up and run a tournament the way you think it is to be run.

Why not put your expertise to the test and Organize a tournament. Then we can all complain on the things you did or did not do.
                              Run a tournament your way and let others run it their way. Hey why were you not at the event????

Well I played in the tournament and I think the organizers went out of their way to accommodate those who PLAYED.
                              You cannot complain if you do not contribute to an event.
                              Complaining only lands on deaf ears.

Why don't all you complainers wait till the tournament is over?
                              Last edited by John Brown; Sunday, 30th August, 2015, 09:14 PM. Reason: typos and additions

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                                I'm just wondering how many complainers on chess talk actually run and organize tournaments and get everything right every time?

Seems that it is easy to criticize but it is hard to stand up and run a tournament the way you think it is to be run.

Why not put your expertise to the test and Organize a tournament. Then we can all complain on the things you did or did not do.
                                Run a tournament your way and let others run it their way. Hey why were you not at the event????

Well I played in the tournament and I think the organizers went out of their way to accommodate those who PLAYED.
                                You cannot complain if you do not contribute to an event.
                                Complaining only lands on deaf ears.

Why don't all you complainers wait till the tournament is over?
                                I wasn't complaining. I just answered the question that William Li asked. He played in the U2000 and was looking for rd. 4 pairings. For your information, I really don't care about the results.

Comment

Working...
                                X