CYCC ends with a bang and massive bughouse event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYCC ends with a bang and massive bughouse event

Chau Diep did an outstanding job as chairperson of the CYCC 2015 Windsor organizing committee. Using parents, players from the local chess club, kids and an army of volunteers she organized a memorable event which sets a new standard for future organizers of this flagship CFC event for kids. From the point of view of the CFC this may be the first event in recent memory where every participant actually had a valid CFC or FQE membership (pending verification of a very few possible failed transactions which means the CFC office will be able to concentrate on other priorities. We had the Windsor Star, CBC, French CBC, CTV and several other media outlets comment on the goings on.

I must admit that I didn't always agree with all of the decisions along the way but in the end the plans came together

Re: CYCC ends with a bang and massive bughouse event

Great work done by all organizers and volunteers, they worked so hard and so great.
    CYCC2015 featured: Big trophies for top players, participating trophies for everyone, cheap parking, nice playing hall, a lot of helpful and friendly volunteers, onsite food court, lunch delivery, large parents waiting room, paring and results on time, score sheet online, playing hall pictures updated online etc.
    thanks for the great job done by Windsor organizers and volunteers.
    Last edited by George Zhou; Friday, 10th July, 2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Congratulations and thanks to the Windsor crew for putting on a great event. I drove down on monday to see the show and was impressed with the planning and execution to get the event underway. I look forward to hearing the happy stories from the kids as they return to the chess club.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
        Will sections be rated just before Canadian Closed?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
          Will sections be rated just before Canadian Closed?
          No. The Canadian Closed begins today!
          The CYCC will be rated on the next scheduled update, July 15
          (assuming I received them in time)

Comment

Thanks from the bottom of my heart to Chau Diep, Isabella Hui, Christina Tao, Ninia Sotto and the amazing group of people they brought together! You have expanded the meaning of the CYCC forever, making this year's event into something that transcended a chess tournament and brought together chess families from all over the country in a lovefest akin to the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. :) I strongly believe that as years pass by, the memories that would remain from the Windsor CYCC would be not about chess politics and results, but about this amazing camaraderie and the complete, integrated, all-around experience offered to the families.

Agreeing completely with the great features emphasized by George and Vlad, I would like to mention two more innovations that you offered:
            • an onsite "childcare" which was nothing less than a full-blown day camp run by professional educators that featured sports, arts and crafts, robotics, programming, visits to the Art Gallery and much more - all of this for free and in an extremely convenient format;
            • keynote speakers; anyone who had a privilege to take part in Q&A`s with Dr. Wang or Jackie Peng was deeply appreciative of your efforts.

The volunteers, those fine young men and women who spent countless hours doing mundane tasks in a stressful environment, reminded us about the true meaning of civic engagement. Their genuine warmth and willingness to go far beyond the "job description" in helping people is a testament to what a great and vibrant community you have nurtured in Essex County.

Thank you all.

Comment

Thanks to the organizer team led by Chao Diep, this year CYCC is the best in the last couple of years. It has almost everything and the best part for the parents, the organizer tried to cater for them.

Really appreciate and I am sure most parents agreed with what Vadim mentioned above. Next year organizer will have a hard time to better them.

I wonder if we will see a Windsor Open chess tournament coming up soon with this great success. I will then have a good excuse to go to Windsor again !

Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X