2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re : 2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal

If tie-breaks must be used, it seems to me that the most logical system would be by performance rating. Thus at the recent Closed the order of finish would have been >>>>>>>

Hansen 2673
    Gerzhoi 2646
    Krnan 2620

Granted, the performance rating does not take into account the number of games played with White or Black, but that could be corrected by using a slightly different formula for the games played with White than for those played with Black.
    Last edited by Vlad Dobrich; Thursday, 30th July, 2015, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Krnan - 1,5
      Hansen - 1
      Gerzhoy - 0,5

Is it not fair? What's wrong with you guys?

Comment

Originally posted by Bator Sambuev View Post
        Krnan - 1,5
        Hansen - 1
        Gerzhoy - 0,5

What is wrong with you? People are just having a discussion. If you don't enjoy it go back to practicing how to turn the philidor defence into a forced loss for Black.

Comment

Krnan - 1,5
          Hansen - 1
          Gerzhoy - 0,5

Well, yes, the RR result between the tied players would make sense in a round-robin tournament. But the 2015 Closed was a swiss where players faced different opponents and the tiebreak should take that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
            What is wrong with you? People are just having a discussion. If you don't enjoy it go back to practicing how to turn the philidor defence into a forced loss for Black.
            Well, if you're not able to win winning position, obviously you need to practice a lot. And how Philidor related to tie-break? If you wanted to insult me you are too stupid to do this. Keep doing this, it's really funny.

Comment

Well, if you're not able to win winning position, obviously you need to practice a lot. And how Philidor related to tie-break? If you wanted to insult me you are too stupid to do this. Keep doing this, it's really funny.
              I agree, I definitely need to practice. When playing Sambuev one must be prepared to get winning positions.

Also, don't take me as naive to think there is not a certain undertone to many of your CT posts. A high tendency to post when there's some insinuation regarding me involved? It's time to face reality- the debate about the mediocrity in your chess was already finished a few years ago.

Comment

Did I start this?
                Well lets hear from the final arbitrators of wisdom - Andy Shaw and Nigel H.
                Gentlemen?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                    Did I start this?
                    Well lets hear from the final arbitrators of wisdom - Andy Shaw and Nigel H.
                    Gentlemen?
                    No way. If Eric and Bator want to exchange barbs, then I say let 'em. Us fish might learn something.
                    Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Hanrahan View Post
                      No way. If Eric and Bator want to exchange barbs, then I say let 'em. Us fish might learn something.
                      Just check the post history to notice the pot shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hansen View Post
                        Just check the post history to notice the pot shots.
                        lol. I was just going to compliment you two on your gentlemanly way of insulting each other. Oh well.
                        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Gentlemen, I appreciate the mutual passion. I suggest a match of 6 games, scheduled to mutual convenience, where I would happily commit to a prize fund of $10,000 -> $8,000 to the winner, and $2,000 to the other. I would prefer some ramp time, to allow the opportunity for further sponsorship to make the event even more attractive to all.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hartman View Post
                            Gentlemen, I appreciate the mutual passion. I suggest a match of 6 games, scheduled to mutual convenience, where I would happily commit to a prize fund of $10,000 -> $8,000 to the winner, and $2,000 to the other. I would prefer some ramp time, to allow the opportunity for further sponsorship to make the event even more attractive to all.

Brian
                            I'm in for $1,000 to the winner's side only!

Comment

Great!

I won't make crazy predictions, but I will certainly make great effort to promote this and I suspect, if the players are interested, it could be an interesting, audience friendly event.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hartman View Post

Brian
                                Awesome offer- I am definitely down.

Comment

Working...
                                X