2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal Games

All of the games from the first 3 rounds have been uploaded to the tournament website. It would be interesting to get some opinions on which are the best games so far. So, I will ask anyone who cares to review the games to make a selection of the best game from each round so far. Simply reply with your picks to this thread. Follow the link for the pgn viewer.

http://www.canadianchesszonal.com/games.html

Re : 2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal Games

Choosing is not easy... There are lots of extremely interesting games in the lot!

My favourite in the first round is probably Wan-Sambuev, for the precision of the GM... Jung-Hansen is also quite entertaining. For the second round, Zhang-Peredun is a very instructive game.

For those who wish to download the PGN : http://www.canadianchesszonal.com/2015cc.pgn

Comment

Re: 2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal Games

Originally posted by Tony Ficzere View Post
      All of the games from the first 3 rounds have been uploaded to the tournament website. It would be interesting to get some opinions on which are the best games so far. So, I will ask anyone who cares to review the games to make a selection of the best game from each round so far. Simply reply with your picks to this thread. Follow the link for the pgn viewer.

how do you download the pgn file (don't want to use the game viewer)?

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
        how do you download the pgn file?
        I clicked on the link above (the .pgn file), it gave me a choice of open or save.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
          I clicked on the link above (the .pgn file), it gave me a choice of open or save.
          looks like I didn't see Felix's post

Comment

has anyone mentioned to you that most of the names are entered incorrectly (last name as first name and vice versa)?

Comment

Hi Roger,

Yes, I realize the game headers have the names backwards, they come to me that way. I will correct them at some point. In any event, I have added a link to download the pgn file, hope it works.

Comment

Hi Tony I wrote a little program to fix the backwards name thing. I can't find an email for you but let me know if you want this pgn file. Might save you the time to go through all the games. my email is fwevansatgmaildotcom can send file attached.
                Last edited by Bill Evans; Monday, 13th July, 2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Bill, good to hear from you. I've found several other errors that also need to be fixed as well, little things like name spelling, etc. It's actually not hard to fix within chessbase, will probably correct everything tonight. Thanks for the offer though, I might take you up on it another time.

Comment

Keep up the excellent work! I was wondering though about the round 3 game Panjwani-Plotkin. 23.Be4 seems to drop the bishop to 23...Rxe4, unless it's some deep positional sacrifice, but I've never seen one like that before :)

Comment

Re: Re : 2015 Canadian Closed & Zonal Games

Originally posted by Felix Dumont View Post
                      Choosing is not easy... There are lots of extremely interesting games in the lot!

My favourite in the first round is probably Wan-Sambuev, for the precision of the GM... Jung-Hansen is also quite entertaining. For the second round, Zhang-Peredun is a very instructive game.

For those who wish to download the PGN : http://www.canadianchesszonal.com/2015cc.pgn
                      I apologise for how I played that game. I gave Eric an opportunity for a brilliant finish but he chose to be efficient. Oh well. (Im glad somebody was entertained)

Comment

Andrew Peredun is playing excellent chess. Its his first closed and he's playing remarkably well. Amazing on both counts! Congratulaitions Andrew and keep up the stellar performance!

Comment

Please dont view anymore of my games (spare yourself the horror). Im having tremendous brain farts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
                            Keep up the excellent work! I was wondering though about the round 3 game Panjwani-Plotkin. 23.Be4 seems to drop the bishop to 23...Rxe4, unless it's some deep positional sacrifice, but I've never seen one like that before :)
                            Since no one has clarified this, I suspect the problem lies with White's 22nd move - Which was probably 22 Qc2. (not Qd2)

But then I'm only guessing. Someone will probably clear this up soon.

Comment

Excellent guess Vlad! 22.Qc2 was played. I have corrected the pgn so hopefully it will make its way to the website today.

Comment

Working...
                              X